Should this be taught in schools?

That'd be parenting failure or even a family failure IMO

You're allotted a limited amount of time in school for classes. Having a class on manners and respect seems so wasteful considering all other things they need but don't teach
Eh

My counter to that is, (and I'ma projecting), this might be more valuable to their overall well-being vs some shit they gonna forget the second the bell rings to go to the next class

And I fully acknowledge there may be things in the household that put things like this at the end of the list cause survival is more important

Eh

My counter to that is, (and I'ma projecting), this might be more valuable to their overall well-being vs some shit they gonna forget the second the bell rings to go to the next class
Something that they should have learned from parents, siblings, cousins, grandparents, etc.

That'd be parenting failure or even a family failure IMO

You're allotted a limited amount of time in school for classes. Having a class on manners and respect seems so wasteful considering all other things they need but don't teach
Teaching children to be better humans should be at the top of the list for schools. Children spend the majority of their woken lives in schools being taught. And what doesn't get talked about enough is the poor mental condition these schools send children home in for the parents to deal with unprepared. Schools have to take on some of that burden. It's not just on the parents.

Takes a village.

Something that they should have learned from parents, siblings, cousins, grandparents, etc.
You assume there are conditions that make this possible for everyone

Teaching children to be better humans should be at the top of the list for schools. Children spend the majority of their woken lives in schools being taught. And what doesn't get talked about enough is the poor mental condition these schools send children home in for the parents to deal with unprepared. Schools have to take on some of that burden. It's not just on the parents.

Takes a village.
Not in high school. That should have been learned way before they reach the 9th grade

Considering I add the etcetera in there that includes every possible influence a person can get while growing up...
They still might not get this at home brah

They still might not get this at home brah
They'll get it in their environment. It's impossible not to but you seem to think there's some outcome where it happens so I'll agree to disagree and end that

They'll get it in their environment. It's impossible not to but you seem to think there's some outcome where it happens so I'll agree to disagree and end that
How many times do I need to tell you that this is not a reality for a lot of the youth?

Black youth specifically

Had a feeling you were going to go that route. Lots of assuming on yourself. I’ll just leave it at that

my kid don’t know how to read good enough but he knows how to sit facing the door on a date where he don’t know what al la carte means

Woooo!!

my kid don’t know how to read good enough but he knows how to sit facing the door on a date where he don’t know what al la carte means

Woooo!!

Lol because surely kids can only learn one thing at time throughout childhood. It being an elective class ain’t that bad. Seems like some charm school shit.

Had a feeling you were going to go that route. Lots of assuming on yourself. I’ll just leave it at that
Would you feel better if I was speaking from experience?