Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should the guest or the host pick up the bill for the birthday dinner?

if you’re hosting your kids birthday party, yea.

As an adult throwing your own birthday party you’re paying for all your guests too? Nah.
Yes adults are paying for their guests to eat and drink at their birthday parties. I know many people throwing parties for their birthday and coming off so much money for food and alcohol to feed their guests.

That’s stupid. In the dating world, yea whoever idea it is, should pay.
How's it stupid?

I can't plan a dinner for myself and expect you to pay. That's not weird?

Host should pay.

Or are you speaking from a pretty privileged place? Lol

How's it stupid?

I can't plan a dinner for myself and expect you to pay. That's not weird?

Host should pay.

Or are you speaking from a pretty privileged place? Lol
It’s YOUR birthday. Only way I see a person who is celebrating their birthday paying for everyone is if it was some home cooked pre-planned thing at they house or something. Even that’s stupid to me, it’s my birthday. Why am I paying to feed you hoes.

If I’m going to a restaurant though, I’m not paying your tab.

Yes adults are paying for their guests to eat and drink at their birthday parties. I know many people throwing parties for their birthday and coming off so much money for food and alcohol to feed their guests.

fuck that, I’m a grown ass man I barely even celebrate birthdays anymore, fuck if I’m paying for a bunch of others, I cost enough myself on a night out.

It’s YOUR birthday. Only way I see a person who is celebrating their birthday paying for everyone is if it was some home cooked pre-planned thing at they house or something. Even that’s stupid to me, it’s my birthday. Why am I paying to feed you hoes.

If I’m going to a restaurant though, I’m not paying your tab.
Just so I'm clear,

You would invite them to dinner, and they should pay?

Never been to birthday dinner that wasn't covered. I don't knoe what it's like to pay for some else, at a dinner that they invited you to. My family doesn't operate like that and the few friends whose dinner I've attended don't allow it either.

Every birthday dinner has been covered by 1 person. Either a best friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, sister/brother, or parent of the birthday person.

Only once the birthday boy invited everyone and refused to let anyone pay for the meal.

Then again I turn down a good 80% of the dinners anyway so my sample size isn't that large.

Communication is key. I have a friend that lets it be known that he will cover dinner on his bday. He usually invites a small group but he tells us he will cover. He does it because he cares more about everyone being together. He does set a limit on the cost.

But if it is not specified he is paying, we all assume we pay for our own food. We would cover his food as well.

Communication is key. I have a friend that lets it be known that he will cover dinner on his bday. He usually invites a small group but he tells us he will cover. He does it because he cares more about everyone being together. He does set a limit on the cost.

But if it is not specified he is paying, we all assume we pay for our own food. We would cover his food as well.
This is me and my folk.
I rather have people I f with together. Not worried about the bill.
The same for them...They invite us and they pay. No one orders overboard and we all respect peopled pockets.
But I also understand everyone paying their own way and pitching in to pay the bday persons food.

Shit also ran into people who only invites to eat free.

This is me and my folk.
I rather have people I f with together. Not worried about the bill.
The same for them...They invite us and they pay. No one orders overboard and we all respect peopled pockets.
But I also understand everyone paying their own way and pitching in to pay the bday persons food.

Shit also ran into people who only invites to eat free.
He is the only person I know who has done it a few times. Other than that, the bday person doesnt spend anything.

Back