Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should the guest or the host pick up the bill for the birthday dinner?

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy

anytime my friends have a bday dinner we (the friends) split the tab down the middle and cover the bday persons expenses.

do you guys believe in paying when invited to a bday dinner?

aight so the way he worded it makes me believe there's 2 kinda birthday dinners

if the birthday person themselves sends out flyers and tweets and sets up some big dinner, i'd probably assume that shit was paid for

now if your people get together and THEY throw YOU a birthday dinner then they should pay for everything

i wouldnt bitch or make a post about it either way tho

If I'm throwing my loved one a birthday dinner, I pay for everybody....but I don't expect the same if I'm invited to one.

aight so the way he worded it makes me believe there's 2 kinda birthday dinners

if the birthday person themselves sends out flyers and tweets and sets up some big dinner, i'd probably assume that shit was paid for

now if your people get together and THEY throw YOU a birthday dinner then they should pay for everything

i wouldnt bitch or make a post about it either way tho
I think people are getting annoyed being invited out for dinner cuz it's someone bday and then have to pay for their meal PLUS part of the bday person's meal? Thats how it reads to me.

kinda like that......i dont think its all about the money tho

just the way the event is presented

but im guessing and twitter is mostly bullshit

I stay prepared to pay anytime I go out just to avoid this kinda misplaced confusion...if you wanna pay that’s fine wit’ me...but I’m not about all that rabble rilin’ when tha check come...

Check come and people start talkin’ too much??

Me: “Uhhh Garçon (I had a gf who used to HATE when I’d yell that shit at our waiter....we could be at a fast food restaurant and I’m gonna say it lmao)?! I had tha blah blah blah and 2 double Henny’s...tab me out and I’ll pay at tha bar...”

On topic tha Birthday guest should never pay...everybody else better talk about it before hand or refer back to tha aforementioned post...

Last edited:
Bday person shouldnt have to pay. But I have a friend who likes to pay for his close friends on his own bday. He just appreciates the friendships and people coming together. But we always offer to pay for him.

I stay prepared to pay anytime I go out just to avoid this kinda misplaced confusion...if you wanna pay that’s fine wit’ me...but I’m not about all that rabble rilin’ when tha check come...

Check come and people start talkin’ too much??

Me: “Uhhh Garçon (I had a gf who used to HATE when I’d yell that shit at our waiter....we could be at a fast food restaurant and I’m gonna say it lmao)?! I had tha blah blah blah and 2 double Henny’s...tab me out and I’ll pay at tha bar...”

On topic tha Birthday guest should never pay...everybody else better talk about it before hand or refer back to tha aforementioned post...

Pretty much this without the garcon shit lol.

When niggas get to looking at the bill with a magnifying glass thats when I check out like aite yall doin too much.. Ima pay for my shit and dip.

We either splitting this shit across the board(minus the birthday person) or you pay for what you got and be done with it

anytime my friends have a bday dinner we (the friends) split the tab down the middle and cover the bday persons expenses.

do you guys believe in paying when invited to a bday dinner?

Everyone pay they own way and split the bday persons dinner down the middle that's how we do it.

Yall can't hold ya mans down for a dinner on they bday? Lmaooooo. Sheesh.

We go to a club imma buy a bottle for the table do a couple shots and cut.

I don't know how to do it any other way.

Pretty much this without the garcon shit lol.

When niggas get to looking at the bill with a magnifying glass thats when I check out like aite yall doin too much.. Ima pay for my shit and dip.

We either splitting this shit across the board(minus the birthday person) or you pay for what you got and be done with it

Sometimes you gotta be uncouth and just be like “ayo separate checks! And then niggas don’t even wanna tip sometimes

Back