Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should she qualify for this title as the most successful Black solo artist of all time?

I'm saying it is a construct because it is. Any black person in America is only black because some white people decided that's how it should be. Africans didn't refer to themselves as black. You're literally trying to discredit some shit white people made up (one drop rule) to defend some other shit white people made up (blackness). If you're going to accept the latter, you can't just dismiss the former.
My Blackness is lineage based which is much more than appearance and culture

I don't know why you want to put people in my tribe that don't fit. I have never had an issue with biracial people having their own classification.

I feel those who want to make them Black so bad is bc they envy their closeness to whiteness. The loose curl pattern and skin tone is close enough to be Black where you won't be judged for dating out.

My Blackness is lineage based which is much more than appearance and culture

I don't know why you want to put people in my tribe that don't fit. I have never had an issue with biracial people having their own classification.

I feel those who want to make them Black so bad is bc they envy their closeness to whiteness. The loose curl pattern and skin tone is close enough to be Black where you won't be judged for dating out.

lol What is your tribe? Black isn't a tribe. Black people even just in America are not a monolith, so that's nonsensical. As far as mixed people go, not all mixed people look like Mariah or can pass for white. There are plenty of mixed people who are 50/50 split that don't look much different from the average Black American.

I just don't get why people like you feel you're qualified to be the arbiters of blackness. You just making up scenarios for other people's lives when you don't shit about what they've gone through. Nobody is trying to make mixed people black out of envy. That's your head canon. Mixed people have been considered black for as long as the concept of blackness has existed. That's what you don't seem to understand.

lol What is your tribe? Black isn't a tribe. Black people even just in America are not a monolith, so that's nonsensical. As far as mixed people go, not all mixed people look like Mariah or can pass for white. There are plenty of mixed people who are 50/50 split that don't look much different from the average Black American.

I just don't get why people like you feel you're qualified to be the arbiters of blackness. You just making up scenarios for other people's lives when you don't shit about what they've gone through. Nobody is trying to make mixed people black out of envy. That's your head canon. Mixed people have been considered black for as long as the concept of blackness has existed. That's what you don't seem to understand.
I understand some of us want them to identify with Black more than others

White men and women cannot make Black children.

This isn't an opinion. It's fact.

And nowadays no one is pushing harder for them to get considered Black then us. And just bc something was done in the past, doesn't mean it was right

Classify them as Black does no one any favors. A lot of them choose to be Black bc it benefits them more.

They'd rather be at the top of the Black totem pole then the bottom of the white one.

We can agree to disagree but 2 Black parents make Black children.

Back