Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Pastors drive luxury cars?

I honestly don’t give a damn what they drive. Spend your money how you want. However, where are they getting this kinda money to be living so luxurious? I hope it ain’t the tithing money.

As long as there’s transparency with the church finances, including their salary, it’s whatever. And that transparency should show a lot of money going to help members and the community at large. Churches rarely have this level of transparency though so yes it does bother me to an extent.

Can’t just automatically assume they’re using church money though because they may be getting money from writing books or selling their sermons online or on DVD.

So all that to say I don’t like it but acknowledge there’s some gray area.

Holistically no…economically, I guess if the church can afford it based off how much they make AND give back then so be it? If it’s a minuscule portion to a bigger budget that’s used properly ethically it’s fine but in most rl situations it’s often not lol

I personally dont think a spiritual leader should live better or want to live better then the average person in their congregation.
To me, if you are really about your craft of helping people's spirits, your spirit is very solid.
Again to me, if your spirit is solid your want for opulence is low.

Enjoy life and have a nice reliable vehicle, they deserve that.
But something about pulling off in a Lambo while anyone in your congregation is struggling doesn't sit right with me.

As long as they aren't getting the church to pay for it. I believe that pastors do real work, and should be paid fairly according to the work done. However, pastors shouldn't be balling out of control based payments from the church. That's pretty much the opposite of what's supposed to happen.

Now if these pastors have some side hustles, which to be fair a lot of them do, and that's how they are funding extravagant lifestyles, then so be it. I don't think that in and of itself is wrong.

I will say though, that a lot of pastors like that do turn to teaching prospserity gospel and that shit is just plain wrong.

Pastors do more then just preach on Sundays to deserve it. They counsel, take calls around the clock, do funerals, weddings etc. Most get a salary from the church and have very little to do with the books, there's a board for that. But a good pastor can hustle on the side by doing speaking engagements and charging fees and some will take up their own offering to get that tax free bag.

I'm a PK and I see firsthand the fruits of my dad's labor but I know he earns it all.

I will use his 501c card when buying cars, jewelry and expensive items so I don't pay taxes on that shit

The optics don't look good at all but the members agree to whatever they pay him so if they don't like it, they can either renegotiate his pay or find another congregation.

If a pastor starts to bring in new members and grows the church. The church has a new building, is giving the community scholarships for college for kids that want to go, feeds the community through church food bank, etc. With the growth of the church its now bringing in millions in tithes.

I don't see why the pastor should have luxury items.

Back