Should kids be free to express themselves through style?

let me stop you right here.

just because I debate you doesn't mean I don't respect your opinions.

I think this is unfair.

I dont talk foul, I dont call stupid, I dont belittle you any way, shape or form.

everyone debates.

I dont feel bad when Cain calls me a goofy nigga

or says he wants to join the KKK after my post.

I dont get mad when Goldie says some harsh shit. I could, but I dont.

Im not here to change your views. thats the thing.

we all gon eat whether you agree with me or not.

Im just speaking how I feel, just like you speak how you feel.

I mean. I think this is an unfair assertion.

understand the context tho.....there's always going to be two different discussions about tolerance and children

we talking about someone else kids......:disnig:

we talking about my kid :mfb:

the ideas of tolerance and what not will have different answers depending on how close to home it hits......

i forgot exactly where we got started on this, but it has something to do with how boys dressed.....

As men.....from a certain generation....we see a lotta shit out there that we just don't personally agree with fashion and perceptions wise. However, as men, we are constantly shamed for those opinion, as we're told they're not tolerant. Which we have to accept. We accept. But we don't like. That's Adulting 101.

However......when it comes to our home, and our children....the same rules do not apply. We don't have to accept what we don't like. And we're very defensive about that territory.

I can offer all the understanding for the world, but there's a limit on what's entering my personal domain. And when we get on these crusades, we gotta draw that line.

Not to say anyone is taking anything personally, however.... there has to be a consideration, or a point where you can be like

"okay....i'll give you that....what you and your children do is your business"

but we allllllllll in that too now a days..... it's just troublesome....too many implications, assumptions, and overall just too much...

Cain has personal convictions that he believes that the black man and his masculinity is on constant attack from the rest of the world. He wants to make his son aware of that, as do many involved fathers. Which is why i made the statement early in the thread. Don't challenge a man on his son, it will get ugly.

You talking about our entire outlook on the world when you come at that....

Now we talking about how censoring opinions lead to Trump getting elected.......

This ain't the rabbit hole to go down, lol, it's deeper than just wearing mohawks and skinny jeans....

It's about the entire perception of the black male in america. Black men take that shit to heart. What we're trying to hold on to isn't a bad thing. We don't want to be what they want us to be. We wanna be men. We want our sons to be Men.

That's not a fight u gonna win with someone who holds that dear

My parents let us sag and wear du rags before school. I dont got any issue with a boy dying his hair or skinny jeans its the style. Not worried about some fake emasculation theory
so u willing to let your son walk past you with yellow hair, skinny jeans off his hips with his underwear showing?

:mf3:
youre smart man.
:)
and you support this?:scust1:

yea......

but nah

My mama let rock a shag when I was young. Oh and a rat tail

understand the context tho.....there's always going to be two different discussions about tolerance and children

we talking about someone else kids......:disnig:

we talking about my kid :mfb:

the ideas of tolerance and what not will have different answers depending on how close to home it hits......

i forgot exactly where we got started on this, but it has something to do with how boys dressed.....

As men.....from a certain generation....we see a lotta shit out there that we just don't personally agree with fashion and perceptions wise. However, as men, we are constantly shamed for those opinion, as we're told they're not tolerant. Which we have to accept. We accept. But we don't like. That's Adulting 101.

However......when it comes to our home, and our children....the same rules do not apply. We don't have to accept what we don't like. And we're very defensive about that territory.

I can offer all the understanding for the world, but there's a limit on what's entering my personal domain. And when we get on these crusades, we gotta draw that line.

Not to say anyone is taking anything personally, however.... there has to be a consideration, or a point where you can be like

"okay....i'll give you that....what you and your children do is your business"

but we allllllllll in that too now a days..... it's just troublesome....too many implications, assumptions, and overall just too much...

Cain has personal convictions that he believes that the black man and his masculinity is on constant attack from the rest of the world. He wants to make his son aware of that, as do many involved fathers. Which is why i made the statement early in the thread. Don't challenge a man on his son, it will get ugly.

You talking about our entire outlook on the world when you come at that....

Now we talking about how censoring opinions lead to Trump getting elected.......

This ain't the rabbit hole to go down, lol, it's deeper than just wearing mohawks and skinny jeans....

It's about the entire perception of the black male in america. Black men take that shit to heart. What we're trying to hold on to isn't a bad thing. We don't want to be what they want us to be. We wanna be men. We want our sons to be Men.

That's not a fight u gonna win with someone who holds that dear

I totally understand.

That's why I'm going to stand down and take your words into consideration when this topic arises again.

I just dont want you to think I dont value your ideas.

I like to hear your thoughts on things and I learn from you as well.

I learn how to shut up and listen from you and to not be so hard pressed when it comes to the things *I* care about

because others may feel differently.

Single mother of a son here. I hate skinny jeans and Mohawks. However, my son wanted a Mohawk looking haircut and I allowed it. I do believe kids should be able to express themselves as long as it's appropriate.

Reactions: Golden and Reesey
I totally understand.

That's why I'm going to stand down and take your words into consideration when this topic arises again.

I just dont want you to think I dont value your ideas.

I like to hear your thoughts on things and I learn from you as well.

I learn how to shut up and listen from you and to not be so hard pressed when it comes to the things *I* care about

because others may feel differently.
bring it in gurl
giphy.gif

Lol @ allowing it because it's whats "IN" ...supposedly.

Raise leaders not followers.

Mama said: So if your friends jumped off a bridge you gone jump to?

:chile:

So your entire time in school you never dressed with the current fashions. Idk your age but i figuring late 20s. You never wore air forces and stuff like that? Styles change anyway i dont see a problem with skinny jeans i dont wear them. Dont see a problem with dyed hair. As long as your hygiene is good you not wildin and grades good and you not trying to be extreme i see no problem

Slightly off here but the whole sagging pants thing wasn't this a prison culture or was that bs?
I never cared for that look because of that and because well I don't want to see men's ass hanging out. I always wondered how you sit and not lose your damn pants

Slightly off here but the whole sagging pants thing wasn't this a prison culture or was that bs?
I never cared for that look because of that and because well I don't want to see men's ass hanging out. I always wondered how you sit and not lose your damn pants
That was bs