Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should hip hop artist have an expiration date?

Art should never have an expiration date.
We still celebrate going to see the Mona Lisa. Leaning tower of Pisa. The coliseum in time. The great walk in china.

Mozart is still celebrated. So is grace land and elvis.

Who convinced y’all that it’s not ok to see artist you grew up on?

I’m going to see Lauren hill in Oakland in a few weeks. My beard is turning grey. Do I stop enjoying what I once liked?
Greatful dead still tours. Meth and red man still tour over seas. Like 5 yrs ago I saw a poster for dígable planets.
Fuck wrong with y’all?
We are forcing our history to go to da wights to make ends meet cuz aging is not cool.

Hate you niggas

Last edited:
They're very real, it's no gag, and as far as anyone can tell, they write for themselves.

Yea I heard about them way back on the IC but I just thought it was a skit or something.. i def fuck with them if its not a gimmick and they're writing their shit

Yea I heard about them way back on the IC but I just thought it was a skit or something.. i def fuck with them if its not a gimmick and they're writing their shit

Yep, same here. Whatever it is, the results are pretty damned good. Sometimes you just can't deny that. I fucks with 'em.

Those are very obviously produced and edited videos. It's very easy to have lines read and edited to complete a cohesive record.

To actually believe these niggas have that type of ability when young seasoned rappers don't even have the breath control to rhyme in their own cadence is beyond me lmao. And these mfs rapping double time? 😅🤦🏿

I didn't quote so you can still delete it later. Or blame it on alcohol again. Whatever works.

"What's your exit plan?
Face to face with my omens, I never ran
Stood on stages most never can, pyrotechnics and leather pants
Shifting the culture
Mention me with Mick Jagger and Bono like you're 'posed to"

🐐

They're very real, it's no gag, and as far as anyone can tell, they write for themselves.

Pete & Bas are great/hillrious but they dont write their raps, I think CASISDEAD writes or is one of their writers...

Bit like DOOM and early Ghost he doesnt show his face...

Last edited:
On the subject though, I dont think any artist should be forced to retire, thats crazy but you would like to think they show growth in their work like most musicians and keep putting out new music to reflect that... Nas and Jay being a prime example of recent growth...

As far as performing as long as they can keep their vocals/flow strong and body healthy they should go on for as long as they want... I think Elton John has just finished his last tour as his body has finally had enough???

Eventually if you dont show growth you will naturally fade out of fashion anyways and maybe comeback for anniversary shows etc

If youre lucky enough to have timeless music like Rakim, Masta Ace, G Rap, BDK, Mos Def, WU, The Roots, KRS, Tech, JMT and R.A and various other 90s artists etc you can tour Europe and Asia even if America wants to only hear the latest new trends...

If they can draw fans why not? Everyone talking about they don't wanna see a old man rap. You would be old too because wouldn't the artists age with their fans. So everyone in there would be old

Back