Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should hip hop artist have an expiration date?

Tayboo

There she go🥰
Do y'all feel that rap artist should "retire" at a certain age? If so why? If rock/pop artist can make music and perform well into their 70's and beyond, why does a rapper have to stop by the time their 40-50?

Do rappers have to perform when they are old because the whites do it?

Also I can argue the shit niggas rap about when they 26 sounds wild coming from a guy who’s 50

Rock artists at least have instruments to fall back on as well

Rappers have to be in great shape physically to perform beyond 50 years old

And a lot of them don’t stay in good enough shape

Do rappers have to perform when they are old because the whites do it?

Also I can argue the shit niggas rap about when they 26 sounds wild coming from a guy who’s 50

Rock artists at least have instruments to fall back on as well

Rappers have to be in great shape physically to perform beyond 50 years old

And a lot of them don’t stay in good enough shape
It's not just white artist tho. There are artist like the Isley Bros and Gladys Knight who still perform. I took my mom to see Gladys this summer and she did a 1 1/2 show in 4 inches heels and sounded a great.

I do agree you gotta be in amazing shape to perform, but that's achievable...

It's not just white artist tho. There are artist like the Isley Bros and Gladys Knight who still perform. I took my mom to see Gladys this summer and she did a 1 1/2 show in 4 inches heels and sounded a great.

I do agree you gotta be in amazing shape to perform, but that's achievable...
Yeah I’m just saying for the majority and in general

Being a rapper is different

Subject matter
Performance and health and being physically more demanding
Cant rely on bandmates/instruments like other artists

We’ll see if there’s rappers who are even 55 still doing it

Shit curtain rappers you can just take one look at em and tell their career isn’t long for this world. No one ever “retires” in music except for an exceptional few.

Yes and it's going to happen soon. We won't need legacy acts once A.I will be able to do those concerts at the artists peak performance level.

This who I'm supposed to look at in 20-30 years?
2796a9e2013d458e8939c12095991bc5_xl.jpg

Nh. Drake my mans but I'm cool. This will be one of the benefits of AI and holographic art coming together 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Imagine being a fan of lil Kim and being able to see this perform...
46a60a15-a129-4c9a-8bd9-2a753fde27d8-jumbo9x16_Untitleddesign20230502T083436.803.png
Instead of this...
Lil-kim-01-061223-245e44b7bcf34d5ebc08559f2c58ca4f.jpg

Nah man. Nows the time for plenty of them rappers to fade to black and cash in on it. They just gotta figure out how not to get fucked in the deal. It's gonna be nasty for artist that signed over image rights not seeing this type of thing coming but we already have holographic concerts and we only gotta look at the sphere in Las Vegas to see how far visual tech is coming and going. Just a matter of time imo. Too much earning potential for these artist, labels and venues to miss out on.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m just saying for the majority and in general

Being a rapper is different

Subject matter
Performance and health and being physically more demanding
Cant rely on bandmates/instruments like other artists

We’ll see if there’s rappers who are even 55 still doing it

KRS is 58, Rakim is 55, BDK is 55, Chuck D is 63, Flav is 64, Cube is 54... And they're all still rockin the mic. Cube got another year but that's close enough.

KRS is 58, Rakim is 55, BDK is 55, Chuck D is 63, Flav is 64, Cube is 54... And they're all still rockin the mic. Cube got another year but that's close enough.
None of these guys are solely being active rappers

I’m not talking about doing a set once in a while for an occasion

lol @ flava flav

None of these guys are solely being active rappers

I’m not talking about doing a set once in a while for an occasion

lol @ flava flav

moving-goalpost.gif

Back