Welcome To aBlackWeb

Shaharazad Ali Appreciation Thread

Color me shocked!!! I never took you for a person who allows someone to say anything out of their mouth to you and because they didn't touch you, you just walk away.

I can't live like that. A man ain't just going to say anything out his mouth to me and not get punched in the face if it crosses the line. Shit I've punched people in the face for talking shit about my folks.

Everything ain't for everybody but if it works for you I'm good with it.
I've put my hands on a dude once when I was 18 and instantly regretted it. Never happened again. So yes I'm that person. Cant say the same for somebody in the street talkin shit, but if we in a relationship nah. Keep it rap.

“...there is never an excuse for ever hitting a Blackwoman anywhere but in the mouth. Because it is from that hole, in the lower part of her face, that all her rebellion culminates into words. Her unbridled tongue is a main reason she cannot get along with the Blackman. She often needs a reminder. This does not mean that she needs, or wants, to be battered or beaten to a bloody pulp. However, if she ignores the authority and superiority of the Blackman, there is a penalty. When she crosses this line and becomes viciously insulting it is time for the Blackman to soundly slap her in the mouth.”

In that first clip, she's acting like the black woman being the backbone of the family is a bad thing. That's actually one of the things that Blacks carried from Africa. Women hold that position in a lot of African tribes. African tribes in general tended to have a lot more equality between the genders prior to infiltration from other groups. Hell, the Songhai Empire was criticized by a Muslim traveler because he believed that women had too much authority given that it was a Muslim Empire. The "men on top and women on the bottom" ideology isn't really a traditional African concept.

“...there is never an excuse for ever hitting a Blackwoman anywhere but in the mouth. Because it is from that hole, in the lower part of her face, that all her rebellion culminates into words. Her unbridled tongue is a main reason she cannot get along with the Blackman. She often needs a reminder. This does not mean that she needs, or wants, to be battered or beaten to a bloody pulp. However, if she ignores the authority and superiority of the Blackman, there is a penalty. When she crosses this line and becomes viciously insulting it is time for the Blackman to soundly slap her in the mouth.”
lmao after you babbling buffoon

Nah I'm straight I don't push the agenda of white supremacy in hopes of being their token pet.

In that first clip, she's acting like the black woman being the backbone of the family is a bad thing. That's actually one of the things that Blacks carried from Africa. Women hold that position in a lot of African tribes. African tribes in general tended to have a lot more equality between the genders prior to infiltration from other groups. Hell, the Songhai Empire was criticized by a Muslim traveler because he believed that women had too much authority given that it was a Muslim Empire. The "men on top and women on the bottom" ideology isn't really a traditional African concept.
Cap.

Again, that wasn't the intended message.

What makes more sense to you?

That she was telling black women to not be as argumentative or combative?

Or that she was telling black men they need to beat their women if they get out of line?

Basically, most of the women who have a problem with what she said don't want to stop being combative and argumentative.

So they flipped her words around to make it seem like she was advocating abuse.

That way, it gives them an excuse to disregard what Ms. Ali was trying to tell them.
Idk why.....keeping your hands to yourself is getting push back lol. If we goin thru it the shit dont need to end with my lip bloody. If you that mad, leave.

I heard exactly what she said in the context it was given. I disagree with it.

Back