Welcome To aBlackWeb

Serena Williams Feels She's Being Discriminated Against

U wouldn't go where?

Using Usain as an example of unfair drug checking. The only reason they went after him the way they did was because of the other Jamaicans that got caught. There really wasn't any other reason to try and bring him down. It's not like tennis where if you take Serena down, some white chick would stand a good chance of taking her shine. With Usain, if they brought him down, they'd still have to go through 30 other niggas before a white dude was even a thought.

Using Usain as an example of unfair drug checking. The only reason they went after him the way they did was because of the other Jamaicans that got caught. There really wasn't any other reason to try and bring him down. It's not like tennis where if you take Serena down, some white chick would stand a good chance of taking her shine. With Usain, if they brought him down, they'd still have to go through 30 other niggas before a white dude was even a thought.
Jamaica does not have a history nowhere close to the USA and drug abuse in sport(matter o fact nobody does) yet bolt was being tested more than anyone else! The Jamaican cats that popped nobody can name them lest they did their googles. I know of yohan blake being punished and returning, that's it.

If usain got taken down no there wouldn't be a white girl to take his spot but their would've more likely been an American cheat lining up; gay or gatling take your pic.

If y'all don't think americans no matter the colour get preferential treatment in track u bugging. I would say the only reason for that is cause they're resigned to the fact no cracka bout to take em to the promised land in sprinting.

Jamaica does not have a history nowhere close to the USA and drug abuse in sport(matter o fact nobody does) yet bolt was being tested more than anyone else! The Jamaican cats that popped nobody can name them lest they did their googles. I know of yohan blake being punished and returning, that's it.

If usain got taken down no there wouldn't be a white girl to take his spot but their would've more likely been an American cheat lining up; gay or gatling take your pic.

If y'all don't think americans no matter the colour get preferential treatment in track u bugging. I would say the only reason for that is cause they're resigned to the fact no cracka bout to take em to the promised land in sprinting.

I never compared Jamaica's drug record to Usain's. You're going of in left field. My only point was that Usain caught some heat because some of his Jamaican teammates got popped right around the time he was breaking records. Anyone would have been subjected to scrutiny under those circumstances.

And Usain was and probably still is one of the biggest athletes in the world. His increased screening did nothing to change that, so I'm not sure why you're acting like any of this was some grand plan to take him down.

I never compared Jamaica's drug record to Usain's. You're going of in left field. My only point was that Usain caught some heat because some of his Jamaican teammates got popped right around the time he was breaking records. Anyone would have been subjected to scrutiny under those circumstances.

And Usain was and probably still is one of the biggest athletes in the world. His increased screening did nothing to change that, so I'm not sure why you're acting like any of this was some grand plan to take him down.
Sigh
You said some Jamaicans got popped so usain got screened extra hard...that's false. He was being screened throughout his career and always made mention of it. They even drew blood from him b4 a race.
Americans stay getting popped and that does not lead to increased screenings....y is that?

Sigh
You said some Jamaicans got popped so usain got screened extra hard...that's false. He was being screened throughout his career and always made mention of it. They even drew blood from him b4 a race.
Americans stay getting popped and that does not lead to increased screenings....y is that?

What do you mean Americans don't get increased screening? They do. You just don't hear about it because no Americans now hold a torch to Bolt. Hell look at Lance Armstrong. He turned out to be dirty, but they didn't know that initially. They sure as hell put him through the ringer to prove it though all because he was so dominant. Pretty much any athlete, particularly in solo sports, catch extra attention when they get to a point where they are crushing any and everyone they're up against.

People need to learn what discrimination means. I'm not saying there isn't a racial component to this, but they aren't stopping her from doing anything, so she's not being discriminated against. Also, if she's getting tested more than everyone else that means she's also getting tested more than Venus and Sloane who is also black. I think this is likely less about race and more about how dominant she is. Plus add the fact that she is bigger and stronger than pretty much every other woman's tennis player, and it shouldn't be too hard to see why she'd be targeted for more testing outside of any racial reasons.

There does not need to be any kind of seizure of opportunity or prevention of progress for there to be discrimination. If the way she is being treated, as a Black athlete, can be shown to be different than how White athletes are treated, then she is being discriminated against, because they are drawing distinctions between her and paler athletes and treating her differently.

Your argument only makes sense if the top male athletes are comparably tested more often than their peers. Otherwise, she's being discriminated against due to her location within the intersections of race and gender.

There does not need to be any kind of seizure of opportunity or prevention of progress for there to be discrimination. If the way she is being treated, as a Black athlete, can be shown to be different than how White athletes are treated, then she is being discriminated against, because they are drawing distinctions between her and paler athletes and treating her differently.

Your argument only makes sense if the top male athletes are comparably tested more often than their peers. Otherwise, she's being discriminated against due to her location within the intersections of race and gender.

It does happen on the male side. It happened to Lance Armstrong for years before he got caught. Why? Because he was so damn dominant. Serena is arguably more dominant. On top of that she is unquestionably bigger and stronger than any other woman, maybe in tennis history. You don't think those could be factors in why she gets tested more?

It does happen on the male side. It happened to Lance Armstrong for years before he got caught. Why? Because he was so damn dominant. Serena is arguably more dominant. On top of that she is unquestionably bigger and stronger than any other woman, maybe in tennis history. You don't think those could be factors in why she gets tested more?

I think it raises suspicion, however, we have seen cheating at many different levels. It is not always the top athletes juicing. Wasn't Sharapova getting stomped by Serena for years, yet failed a test? That view would justify subjecting talented people to worse treatment solely because they are more talented.

I think it raises suspicion, however, we have seen cheating at many different levels. It is not always the top athletes juicing. Wasn't Sharapova getting stomped by Serena for years, yet failed a test? That view would justify subjecting talented people to worse treatment solely because they are more talented.

True, but we aren't talking about truth. We're talking about perception. Serena is great, and some people will always try to find a way tear down that greatness. She's not the only one that has gone through that.

Back