Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

I think I've only got two bosses left (last boss and Demon of Hatred). I fought the last boss a couple of times last night, but I'm going to go back and make sure I've killed all others first before I complete my first playthrough. I also wanted to max out all skills on my first playthrough, but I don't think that's possible.

Lol I like this game a lot, but I dunno how interested I would be in New Game + with as stressful as it is on normal. I guess it would be cool to run through everything with a better understanding of the fights, but ive already gotten mad enough i dont want to relive a lot of it lol. And there being no online kind of takes me away from that idea. I might give it a little shot though.

I feel like the shitty camera and target lock is responsible for at least 1/4 of my deaths.

The other 3/4 is due to my damn muscle memory from the other Souls games making me instinctively try to dodge attacks instead of block/parry.

Muscle memory is definitely a big problem for me as well. I like the targeting in this though. Especially if you are going against 2 different folks, can just tap the right stick and bounce back and forth between the enemies pretty fluidly.

I'm passing on this for now. I loved the Soulborne games, but this one lacks a lot of the stuff I liked about those games (e.g., customization, weapon variety, varied worlds, etc...). I'm sure it's still a good game. I'll pick it up when I need something to play. For once, I actually have a backlog of things I'm working through.

Finally beat it today. Definitely feeling a sense of accomplishment after the last two boss battles. I still need 20+ skill levels to max those out so I may wait to finish those in NG+.

thumbnail

I'm at the point now where for many bosses I'm looking at how to cheese strategies on youtube.

I'm also really good at whooping the ass of normal enemies even if i'm fighting 2-3 at once. But the bossessand minibosses are just not that fun to fight over and over again and there aren't many different strategies to adopt to deal with them like in the Souls games. I can't change my weapon or armor or style or magic for the most part. It's just figure out some more of the pattern, die, fight back to the boss and then die a little later.

And after that there's just more of the same waiting for you. I'm cool with difficulty but there needs to be a suitable reward afterwards.

And leveling up (aka getting new skills) is not just a grind it's a chore. I feel like things might get better once I finally beat dude at the top of the castle but I only got him down one dot after about 20 battles and I know he has 3.

Started NG+ last night. The game feels a lot easier the 2nd time through once you know the map and how to dispatch enemies. I was even able to beat Genichiro in the flower field at the very beginning this time. I’m about 65% through the 2nd playthrough already.

I played today. Did some work. Killed the spear guy in ashina resevoir. He was a huge pain in the ass for me. Then killed the claw monster at the bottom of senpou temple to get my 4th prayer necklace. Then I went and downed genichiro after 20 attempts lol. Then I took out the monkey bosses. Now I'm farming skill points at senpou temple. Need 10 points to get my first master skill so I can to talk to that dude who gave me the ashina skill tree and get a new skill tree, then I will progress. Shits taking so many runs tho. I'm only on 4 skill points need 6 more to to but had to take a break lol. Getting tons of gold and mats tho. Will probably just buy all the mats I can from merchants cuz I bought all the gold bags I could find and got like 5k just chilling right now. Will probably end up with 20k by the time I finish farming.

Started NG+ last night. The game feels a lot easier the 2nd time through once you know the map and how to dispatch enemies. I was even able to beat Genichiro in the flower field at the very beginning this time. I’m about 65% through the 2nd playthrough already.

fuck you.

Got my skill points. Another great farm spot is at the main hall totem in senpou temple. Through the door behind you, RUN to the left and kill the monk. Then keep going left, kill the 2 monk's on the stairs. You need to run to the left because there is a double bladed guy who will spot you immediately but he stops following once you get to the stairs with the 2 monk's. Continue down the trail. Will be another monk then you will see one of those giant monks with a shield. Run down there and you can backstab the giant if you're fast, or if you backstab the monk in front of him, use the blood mist ninjutsu to get an easy backstab on the giant while hes distracted. Jump up, kill firebomb monk. To the left will be another giant. If you run to the right of the rock, he will turn left and you can just easily backstab him if you sneak. Continue down path, kill the 3 monk's, then continue and jump off the cliff and land where all those wolves and the lizard are then homeward back to the totem. Over 150gold without balloon and a great way to farm lumps of fat wax, black gunpowder and iron. Monks give 80+ xp giants give 130ish. Wolves 16, lizard 36. Almost all deathblows too.

Just got to the sunken valley totem. About to start that up tomorrow!

Made it through the gun fort and sunken valley yesterday and today. Downed my first headless, the second drunkard, and that shotgun bitch around all the poison pools. That fight was a pain in the ass because of the one shot gunner but I was able to puppeteer him and he helped a lot. Right now I'm in ashina depths I think. I'm in that area near the 2nd drunkard and just killed the miniboss to lift the fog of the area. One prayer bead away from my 6th necklace.

On my 4th playthrough now. The subsequent playthroughs felt significantly easier after the first one. I did the Return ending twice and the Shura ending once. Working on the Purification ending now. I finally maxed out my skills today.

On my 4th playthrough now. The subsequent playthroughs felt significantly easier after the first one. I did the Return ending twice and the Shura ending once. Working on the Purification ending now. I finally maxed out my skills today.
Go to hell

Yeah even I'm mad. I ain't even done with my first playthrough. Cant play much besides on the weekends tho and last couple weekends been pretty busy.

Put in work today. Downed underwater and hidden forest headless. Guardian ape. Duo guardian ape. And purple ghost that pops up where the apes were at.

About to initiate the castle invasion tomorrow. Got one more headless I need to down but I'm all out of confetti and farming that stuff is a bitch. Will probably go back later if I can. Also got all my ninjutsu l, 7th prayer necklace, and 5 total memories I think. My dude is pretty beast right now. Still have trouble with a few enemies but all the bosses I took down today didnt take any more than 3 attempts. Not bad for first time playing in a week. I expected to have trouble adapting back to the game Haha but keeping a cool level head and paying hard attention to the weapon swings really helps. Was deflecting like a motherfucker today.

Only been playing a few hours the passed couple weekends. Made a back up save in the cloud then started the Shura ending. Emma and isshin fucked me up for hours. Found some vids in how to cheese them and even then they still fucked me up. FINALLY downed them tonight and got the shura ending then uploaded my save and now I'm back to where I was before I began that ending. Excited af! Gonna be continuing tomorrow.

Fuck, man. What a fucking fight one wrong move and you get half your health taken and I'm at 8 prayer necklaces

Smh owl in hirata estate is no fucking joke.. I'm trying to cheese him but even that way I still only get him about halfway through phase 1 before he fucks me up.

Back