Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News School Shooting in Nashville

The real question is why the need for so many guns

I can't speak for anyone other than myself but each one has a purpose.

I own multiple computers (8 desktops, 6 laptops, and a RasPi3 and 4) and each one has a purpose. The reasons I buy them or keep them for any reason is well thought out long in advance of actual acquisition.

There isn't a single gun made that can cover all scenarios I can foresee; it simply doesn't exist. Therefore, the guns I purchase have an application assigned to it that I believe will be the function it serves best at.

I own multiple computers (8 desktops, 6 laptops, and a RasPi3 and 4) and each one has a purpose. The reasons I buy them or keep them for any reason is well thought out long in advance of actual acquisition.

There isn't a single gun made that can cover all scenarios I can foresee; it simply doesn't exist. Therefore, the guns I purchase have an application assigned to it that I believe will be the function it serves best at.
When you ready to let that rasp 3 or 4 go holla

Fam

I don't think comparing PCs is a proper comparison

And I hope you don't take this the wrong way, just trying to help you think of a better comp

I'll make an assumption cause my memory ain't what it used to be and can't remember if you touched on this and I will preface my comments I believe a person has the right to bear arms but the first reason to own a gun I assume it's to protect your home.

Again, not trying to get into the weeds of this but it's my understanding that the consensus weapon to own is the shotgun. I'm limiting this exchange to protecting the home and not hunting, etc..

How many different guns do you think you need to protect your home from an invasion?
I'm talking one perp that picked the wrong house to try. Do you need an assortment of weapons in this scenario to accomplish the goal of defending your home?

Tying it back to PCs, and again I know your line of work and hobbies will actually dictate the number of PCs you may need at any given time. Do you still think your comp is an adequate one?

Fam

I don't think comparing PCs is a proper comparison

And I hope you don't take this the wrong way, just trying to help you think of a better comp

I'll make an assumption cause my memory ain't what it used to be and can't remember if you touched on this and I will preface my comments I believe a person has the right to bear arms but the first reason to own a gun I assume it's to protect your home.

Again, not trying to get into the weeds of this but it's my understanding that the consensus weapon to own is the shotgun. I'm limiting this exchange to protecting the home and not hunting, etc..

How many different guns do you think you need to protect your home from an invasion?
I'm talking one perp that picked the wrong house to try. Do you need an assortment of weapons in this scenario to accomplish the goal of defending your home?

Tying it back to PCs, and again I know your line of work and hobbies will actually dictate the number of PCs you may need at any given time. Do you still think your comp is an adequate one?

I have one that, at this moment, is designated for home defense: My Sub2000. I would never use my AR or CMR for home defense because over penetration through walls is a very real concern. The CMR could hit people in the next room, the AR could hit people in the next house.

Unless it's a semi-auto shotgun (think Benelli M4, or one of those Turkish joints that RIA's been bringing over), in the time it takes to let off a shot, rack, bring the next round to battery, and re-acquire a target, I can let off 4 or 5 shots from my Sub2000 without ever taking my sights off target and with far less of a chance of collateral damage. Even still, unless it's magazine fed and I've gotten the larger mags or a drum for it, shotgun capacity can become an issue if I miss and it turns into a short shootout.

The shotgun is the "classic" home defense gun, however, this is 2023, not 1923, 33, 43, 53, or 63. We're up against shit like this:

Your typical shottie holds 5-7 rounds. That simply ain't enough in 2023. Maybe a cool backup gun or "weapon of last resort", but I ain't using one as my primary joint for the crib.

edit: and since I no longer live in Vegas, this is the area where I currently live:

Last edited:
I have one that, at this moment, is designated for home defense: My Sub2000. I would never use my AR or CMR for home defense because over penetration through walls is a very real concern. The CMR could hit people in the next room, the AR could hit people in the next house.

Unless it's a semi-auto shotgun (think Benelli M4, or one of those Turkish joints that RIA's been bringing over), in the time it takes to let off a shot, rack, bring the next round to battery, and re-acquire a target, I can let off 4 or 5 shots from my Sub2000 without ever taking my sights off target and with far less of a chance of collateral damage. Even still, unless it's magazine fed and I've gotten the larger mags or a drum for it, shotgun capacity can become an issue if I miss and it turns into a short shootout.

The shotgun is the "classic" home defense gun, however, this is 2023, not 1923, 33, 43, 53, or 63. We're up against shit like this:

Your typical shottie holds 5-7 rounds. That simply ain't enough in 2023. Maybe a cool backup gun or "weapon of last resort", but I ain't using one as my primary joint for the crib.
Preciate the response

You just compare owning a gun to a computer?

Back