Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News School Shooting in Nashville

What states do is up to the states but it all leads to the same thing.

Red flag laws aren’t initiated by the police to begin with. Someone would need to petition against the person in court saying that a person with guns is a known threat to themselves or others. The police would then make a visit to that persons home for the confiscation.

Not quite: If the police have an encounter with someone (like the cops did with the Buffalo shooter did) and they believe that person is a threat to themselves and others the police can initiate the Red Flag process.

You would think If this person was indeed under care for some sort of emotional distress that the doctor bear some responsibility to report concerns to the police as well

Say if they finally had a discussion about mental health and owning firearms. What would prevent a person from owning a firearm? How long would it be? What would it take to get off the list? If you're taking medication and are stable would you be able to own a firearm? How often would you need to be checked out? Who would pay for it? Would doctors be liable for wrong diagnosis? How many 2nd opinions could you get before being placed on whatever preventative list?

Lots of questions

Having said all of that. One cannot ignore the truth because it's inconvenient. I point out that truth, whether you like it or not. Insensitive??? The truth is often harsh, which is why nobody likes the truth these days. It's why niggas would rather stunt being paid on the gram but really barely making it. Reality doesn't give a fuck if you like it or not, it "is" without caring or compassion. The reality here is a person wanting to murder innocent people is a crazy loon. Banning guns will NOT stop that person from killing. Making them harder to get will not stop them from killing. Since those people typically have played their hand before the killing starts, why don't we ID them, flag 'em, and make ban those individuals from being able to buy a gun? IIRC, they would also be forced into treatment to get their minds right.

Everyone thinking that if you take guns away, limit capacities, etc don't get that these muhfuckas will find a way. Whether it's easy for them or hard, they want to kill people and when you throw up one barrier, they will simply find another way. But since you want to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people, sdo what it takes to keep them out of THEIR hands without infringing on the rights of the millions that have no desire to do such things.

I could've swore I explained to you why this take is nonsensical but I'll quote my past post.

It is objectively false, though. If this woman did not have access to firearms, it is unlikely she would have been able to cause the damage she did. Firearms make it infinity easier to cause mass casualty events over say a blade. It is true that when a person wants to do bad, they will try to do bad. It is also true that limiting their access to deadlier weapons would limit that ability. In the 10 years before the Port Arthur massacre in Australia there were 12 mass killings with guns, after which they instituted major gun control. In the 27 years since, there's been 3.
In short, the idea that less firearms wouldn't mean less shootings doesn't make sense. I say this as a gunowner. The truth is that the only thing gun enthusiasts have to fall back on is the second amendment. If you want to keep your guys because you like having guns, just say that. Saying that gun control doesn't limit gun deaths is counterfactual. It is factual that our free-ish access to firearms make crazy people more lethal.

We can't ban or be rid of bad people. We can limit the damage they can cause. I'll also add that 27 years ago there was a school shooting in the U.K. They instituted gun restrictions. There has been 0 since.

Red flag laws exist in like 19 states, I think. Problem is, they are implemented haphazardly. Laws with effective enforcement are just words on paper. The gun lobby constantly lobbies against a national red flag law on the premise of it being abused to take firearms away from supposedly law-abiding citizens.

Last edited:
Better safe than sorry. If potentially troubled folks are inconvenienced or have to jump through a few more hoops to protect children from being gunned down in school I dont see an issue

We do that with alot of shit already in this country and this planet in general. For some reasons things that can kill people seems to bring about a huge debate on how people should have access to the tool in question.

If this school shooting is the real deal, then my heart goes out to them families.

But that gender, trans, or whatever issue IS a big red flag too. Gonna have to take ya'll lick on that. That's a big red flag being advanced by democrats regardless of how much ya'll wanna sneak away from this issue. I been put ya'll up on this gender issue since 2021 especially since they are a small percentage.

If this school shooting is the real deal, then my heart goes out to them families.

But that gender, trans, or whatever issue IS a big red flag too. Gonna have to take ya'll lick on that. That's a big red flag being advanced by democrats regardless of how much ya'll wanna sneak away from this issue. I been put ya'll up on this gender issue since 2021 especially since they are a small percentage.

If it's the real deal? So you taking the Alex Jones angle on this one?

Like the good brother @konceptjones said, there’s red flag laws for situations like this. Dunno what those laws are like in Tennessee.
I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I went to go pick up my Sig from Academy a few years back, just happened to be that day they were protesting downtown. They told me I failed the background check, and told me to appeal it. I have no criminal record, that’s how the laws are…

Who are you?

Back