Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Russia Declares War on Ukraine

test
This same dude was in the state department when NATO carpet bombed Iraq & Afghanistan
I get Afghanistan at least a little bit, the Taliban were straight up aiding and abetting actual terrorists who attacked us (Pakistan was too but for whatever reason we had zero energy for them).

What I still, to this day, don't get is why the fuck we invaded Iraq if it wasn't to protect Saudi Arabia. That's the only fucking thing that makes sense to me. We did it because the Saudis told us to. Saddam had invaded Kuwait and Saudi Arabia was next on the chopping block.

I get Afghanistan at least a little bit, the Taliban were straight up aiding and abetting actual terrorists who attacked us (Pakistan was too but for whatever reason we had zero energy for them).

What I still, to this day, don't get is why the fuck we invaded Iraq if it wasn't to protect Saudi Arabia. That's the only fucking thing that makes sense to me. We did it because the Saudis told us to. Saddam had invaded Kuwait and Saudi Arabia was next on the chopping block.
Oil , same reason we got into Syria

Oil , same reason we got into Syria
Syria doesn't have oil like that and Iraq's peak oil production capability is less than Texas' average oil production alone. Most of the oil from Iraq right now is headed to Asia, namely China.

Like I know that was the fun thing we threw around about Bush and them but it just doesn't track well when you actually think about it. Oil production isn't like mining, it requires at least some national stability for real money to be made. Purposely destabilizing a country runs directly counter to oil prospecting.

This is why the British and Americans gave so much support to Abdul-Aziz II when they found oil on the Arabian peninsula. They needed the House of Saud to stabilize the region so they could take advantage of the oil reserves there.

Bush Sr. had already showed that we were willing to run to the aid of the Saudis during the first Gulf War. Remember that the first push was called Operation Desert Shield. Fahd went to the Americans and British because he was afraid Saddam would attack Saudi Arabia. We sent troops to Saudi Arabia. I mean this is literally what had Osama Bin Laden bitching in the beginning (U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia). The Bush Jr. decided to go and finish the job for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Back