Welcome To aBlackWeb

Roseanne Showrunner Wants You to Ignore Star’s Controversial Comments: Judge the Show ‘On Its Merits

https://www.mediaite.com/online/ros...ersial-comments-judge-the-show-on-its-merits/

Bruce Helford, co-showrunner of the recently revived Roseanne, would really like it if audiences would mentally separate Roseanne Barr from Roseanne Conner. This despite the fact that the TV character is heavily-based on the actress who plays her.

Helford gave a broad-range interview to The Hollywood Reporter about the sitcom’s popularity and its quick renewal for a second season. However, Helford also faced multiple questions about the odious social media content Barr has shared in the past.

The renewed interest surrounding Barr has prompted people to remember how the actress made a ton of controversial statements over the years, dressed up as Hitler once, and continues to give oxygen to wacky conspiracy theories. When asked about this, Helford insisted that the show doesn’t represent Barr’s personal politics, even though it makes a point of showing off her support for President Trump.

The show, aside from the fact that Roseanne Barr and Roseanne Conner both happen to be Trump supporters, has been borne out to be pretty realistic, in terms of the demographics of that area [the Midwest]. But aside from that, there’s a big difference between anyone’s personal politics and what the show is about. They’re not meant to be interrelated in any way.”

On the subject of Barr’s Nazi getup, Helford said that Barr supports Israel, and the show just wants to create dialogue to break through political polarization:

My feeling is that people should just watch the show and judge it on its merits. Watch the show without the accompanying background noise. Everybody, including Roseanne, wanted the show to be balanced. When we talk about wanting to open a dialogue in America, that’s something that the show does.

35D6F3CF-D988-4AFD-9FF4-9733D77F6919.gif

Attachments

• F68171E0-DC7E-4507-89C0-A9DF6778F418.gif
    F68171E0-DC7E-4507-89C0-A9DF6778F418.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 12
This shit was wack in the 90s and it's wack now

I watched it sometimes *shrugs*

had no clue about her personal life and didnt care....it wasnt a thing back then

this does kill any chance of me watching now tho

this is conservative america’s black panther.
they prouder than a motherfucka right now. this is their moment

We supposed to ignore Hitler and her burnt Jew cookies too?

View attachment 39789

I’m honestly amazed that the whites gave her a pass on this and let her career continue as much as Jews control what gets into the media.

Dammnnnnnm!!

Zero fucks given by that fat hoe in that pic.

Fat sweaty bacon smelling bitch cold as ice for that shit

We supposed to ignore Hitler and her burnt Jew cookies too?

View attachment 39789

I’m honestly amazed that the whites gave her a pass on this and let her career continue as much as Jews control what gets into the media.

A lot of shit gets looked pass because of money

tumblr_o1br7vlKBi1rjf0fxo1_500.gif

never realized meth was chewin on a mcdonalds hotcakes knife

we make anything look cool

I hated when my sisters made me watch as a kid. So i was familiar but never a fan.

Kinda interested to see it now. I wanna see how a bunch of liberals bring back a beloved tv character and make her a Trump supporter.

Bold move.

Never really cared for it. Caught it here & there when it was in syndication.

Never a fan. Waiting for news that John Goodman dies of a heart attack mid-season.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...still-strong-pulls-152-million-week-2-1099563

TV Ratings: 'Roseanne' Still Strong, Pulls 15.2 Million in Week 2

Roseanne is on a roll. The ABC sitcom, naturally stumbling a bit after its boffo premiere, still managed a remarkable showing in week No. 2 — topping all other scripted telecasts of the night and, in all likelihood, the week.

ABC's half-hour episode of the revived sitcom averaged a 3.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 15.2 million viewers. Compared with the live showing of the one-hour premiere a week ago, the audience dropped by 17 percent. Among adults 18-49, the second week marks a steeper 24 percent drop.

The comedy was bound to have at least a few viewers bolting after the premiere. Openers of any kind generally set a high bar, and the curiosity around the reunion was noticeably significant. Three days of time-shifting have already seen the Mar. 27 episode soar to 25 million viewers and a 7.3 rating in the key demo. The only scripted broadcast series with those kinds of numbers in recent memory is the post-Super Bowl episode of This Is Us.

All of the good news landed Roseanne with a speedy renewal from ABC. The network has already committed to 13 episodes of the sitcom for the 2018-19 season, four more episodes than the current run. It's hardly a rash decision. The premiere alone was so good, ABC won the last week of March across all of broadcast.

Six more episodes of Roseanne remain, and it will be interesting to see how much of the original audience it holds onto once all time-shifting is included.

Back