Welcome To aBlackWeb

RIP Mac Miller

I got into his music late....his early shit doesnt seem like he was into harder than weed/liquor. But by the time i caught on to his music he kinda had a dope user vibe about him.

I think he spoke about depression n shit on some vice documentary. I think rick rubin helped him get clean once before. Dont think this was suicide by OD tho. Maybe just bad shit or overdid it. Who knows.

Curious what toxicology report will say it was.

Yeah you can tell by his subject matter on Macadelic he got heavy into the pills

I know he did some interview talking about being addicted to lean, but that was at least a couple years ago. I think that's why he got sober the first time. Wouldn't be surprised if that lead to benzos and opiate pills.

Man rap has changed so much. I never listened to Mac Miller and I barely know any of these rappers I'm seeing on Twitter talking bout him. I truly have never listened to a lot of these new age niggas. I don't consider Cole, Kendrick, and Meek new age btw. I was listening to them pre 2010. There's so many of these new rappers and quite a few of them have died in the last few years. I honestly can't keep up with them. RIP.

lol way to make this about you.

I know he did some interview talking about being addicted to lean, but that was at least a couple years ago. I think that's why he got sober the first time. Wouldn't be surprised if that lead to benzos and opiate pills.
once those addictions have got a hold on you, and you get free, anything can have you back in its grasp. You always hear stories about clean addicts relapsing because of medication from doctors, surgeries, etc.

Yeah you can tell by his subject matter on Macadelic he got heavy into the pills
Ive only heard SWIMMING & FEMININE DIVINE (i think thats what its called).

A friend of mine reccommended FACES

Is Macadelic a good project?

Yea, he was just a hardcore pot smoker but then graduated to all that other shit & it did happen around the time of Macadelic, that album had an entirely different vibe to it.

Ive only heard SWIMMING & FEMININE DIVINE (i think thats what its called).

A friend of mine reccommended FACES

Is Macadelic a good project?

I really fucked w/ Macadelic like i said earlier one of my favorite projects by him. Its worth a listen no doubt

I neldont recapl ever hearimg any of his music i I heard his name before. I had him confused with asheroth u

One of my favorite rappers. He's been evolving since his first album faltered. And everything else has been damn near incredible. He's held his own with Rapsody, Phonte, Jay Electronica, Royce, Curren$y, Gibbs, Kendrick, Soul, Q, Wayne, Vince, and a lot of other great emcees.

And he was one helluva producer. Like supremely talented and crazy underrated. His new album is somber, but I've been listening to it damn near daily since it came out. Smh. This shit sucks, man.

he killed his verse on Blue Chips 2

[Verse 3: Mac Miller]
Ok, Ok
I'm relyin' on Viacom to keep my lights and fire on
Made a deal with Lucifer, said, "give me the universe" (Every Single Planet)
It hurts kind of like losing your first love
I saw the bright lights and started doing the worst drugs
Now, I'm backtracking and hash rappin' with Action
Throwing hand grenades at paddywagons in passing
Old fashioned soul grabber snorting all the coke up
The type of shit to turn a World War into a Polka
Polo'd up, the double RL icon
Steppin' out the limo, tuxedos made of python
Listening to Lionel Richie, fuckin with the lights on
Rice on the table, have us going all night long (Again, and again, and again)
Rooftops, sippin on some red wine
Start to realize I've been trippin, shit its just fine
So, I read a passage out the Bible as I take a bath
Dry off, Hit the Colosseum on Jamaica Ave
Bout to say fuck it and form a union
March up to city hall and protest pollution. (Yes!)

Last edited:
There wasn't a glorification of it through the songs though. Sure it was part of the lifestyle, but artists didn't really write a ton of songs about being on drugs, and when they did they were subtle for the most part.

Hence why I said there isn't much of a curtain now, lot more things revealed in this day & age

fisherman.jpg

look at this 21 y/o white kid from the burbs holding his own next to Bandanna P

wow.. I’m not a fan but holy shit that’s shocking... America has a fucking pill problem... smmfh

This

Never listened to dude, but these kids gotta find a new vice, asap.

RIP

Back