Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Resident Evil (CANCELED After 1 Season)

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad

Netflix is reportedly developing a live-action Resident Evil series, according to Deadline.

The streaming service declined to comment on the report, which says the project is in the early stages of development. Per Deadline, "the plan is for the series to expand the Resident Evil universe and deepen the existing mythology. I hear the series will keep the basic premise, which also served as a setup for the movie franchise. The drama series will explore the dark inner workings of the Umbrella Corporation and the new world order caused by the outbreak of the T-virus."

Constantin Film, the production company behind the Resident Evil movie franchise, is reportedly involved in the series adaptation. The film series - starring Milla Jovovich as Alice - has spawned six movies to date, and wrapped in 2016. A Resident Evil TV series was rumored a few years back under the title "Arklay" (named after the mountainous region outside Racoon City) but never materialized.

It's a big week for the franchise; Capcom's hotly-anticipated remake of Resident Evil 2 (originally released in 1998) drops on Jan. 25; in our review we say that "Resident Evil 2 expertly reanimates the horrifying atmosphere and moments of extreme tension that made the original so revered."

if anybody can make this work, its netflix

im hoping they do this justice

that first movie got my hopes up so bad

i think i saw the second one and i havent watched one since

why are ya'll basing this on the movies? Those folks not involved

Back