Welcome To aBlackWeb

Religion thread

So how will yall go about this with your kids. My daughter likes Church and Bible stuff and while im not super Christian im cool with it.

So how will yall go about this with your kids. My daughter likes Church and Bible stuff and while im not super Christian im cool with it.
It is great that she has that interest. Your job will just be to foster and guide her properly. It may take you having to read it again and seek more understanding but it shouldn't be a bother. If my son chooses a religion a religion or not would not bother me as long as he has a spiritual and moral base and understanding.

The only downside to not being actively involved with your child is that it makes it a little more difficult to get feel on what they're exposed to....

I mean there are many churches that are more about appearances and what not....

I think the plus of being active in church with my son is that I can make sure he understands he's there to build a personal relationship with God first....the rest is just the rest

I grew up Baptist, went to church every Sunday and bible study every Wednesday. Even today I still do those things. I try not to force my beliefs on my family but every once in a while I'll ask my husband to come go with me. Most of the time it's a strong no.

My sister, step daughter and my older two kids go with me so that's great.

Back