Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Recasts that actually worked

Nah, I gotta disagree with Cheadle as Rhodey. I think he's just been in so many that we got used to it. Not saying that CHeadle isn't as good of an actor, but Terrence Howard fit the tone and vibe of those movies more imo. Cheadle play it too serious for me

iron-man-colonel-rhodes.gif

man fuck the bullshit, tell me why recasting TCHALLA wouldn’t work?

Chadwick only played TCHALLA/BP for 64 minutes across 4 movies.

Im old enough to remember people saying he was the 3rd/4th best character in his own debut movie.

And what crazy, Civil War’s iteration of the character was more true to the comics than the solo movie.

I believe the below was worth bringing to fruition

Than this Tyler Perry black trauma bullshit they pushing with stereotypical black tropes and
a secret baby from Haiti

The movie like any other movie could’ve been pushed back and dropped next year.

They got my mans dying from a
illness
which his powers is immune to.

Tying real life to a comic book movie is wack. And using a person real life death as a marketing ploy is even more wack.

But it is what it is at this point. I’ll catch the Easter eggs on YouTube.

On to Kang and phase 5.

I want a synopsis if the original screenplay.

Nah, I gotta disagree with Cheadle as Rhodey. I think he's just been in so many that we got used to it. Not saying that CHeadle isn't as good of an actor, but Terrence Howard fit the tone and vibe of those movies more imo. Cheadle play it too serious for me

iron-man-colonel-rhodes.gif

Too serious? How?

that "two seals fighting over a grape" line is still fuckin hilarious to me

.ichael j fox was a recast in the middle of shooting back to the future. The og Marty was played by Eric stultz.

man fuck the bullshit, tell me why recasting TCHALLA wouldn’t work?

Chadwick only played TCHALLA/BP for 64 minutes across 4 movies.

Im old enough to remember people saying he was the 3rd/4th best character in his own debut movie.

And what crazy, Civil War’s iteration of the character was more true to the comics than the solo movie.

I believe the below was worth bringing to fruition

Than this Tyler Perry black trauma bullshit they pushing with stereotypical black tropes and
a secret baby from Haiti

The movie like any other movie could’ve been pushed back and dropped next year.

They got my mans dying from a
illness
which his powers is immune to.

Tying real life to a comic book movie is wack. And using a person real life death as a marketing ploy is even more wack.

But it is what it is at this point. I’ll catch the Easter eggs on YouTube.

On to Kang and phase 5.

Bruh, it's not that it would have been impossible to recast T'chala. You can recast any character. At the end of the day, no one at Marvel wanted to do that - not Feige, not Coogler, not any of the other actresses or actors in the franchise. They had a personal connection with Chadwick and they unanimously made the decision not to go that route. You don't have to like it, but at some point you need to accept it and move on.

Those technically count as reboots dont they?

Have they ever continued a 007 continuous storyline with a completely different actor?

Im not big on James Bond films so I legit dont know
Bond films make no sense if you try to follow them and connect them all together. Some of the side characters work for different Bonds, like Judi Dench as M, she started with Pierce Brosnan and did a couple films with Daniel Craig.

Bruh, it's not that it would have been impossible to recast T'chala. You can recast any character. At the end of the day, no one at Marvel wanted to do that - not Feige, not Coogler, not any of the other actresses or actors in the franchise. They had a personal connection with Chadwick and they unanimously made the decision not to go that route. You don't have to like it, but at some point you need to accept it and move on.

he wont lol

Back