Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Recasts that actually worked

I liked the Dark Knight version of Harvey Dent more than the Tommy Lee Jones one
Billy Dee Williams got to do Two Face in a Lego Batman movie. He said the only reason he did Harvey dent in the og Batman movie cuz they told him he could do Two Face in the sequel. But he didn't get it in writing

I don't know their names, but you can tell they switched them turtles up every movie 🧐

Meg from family guy.

The meg in the first season sounds horrible

True. But she looked good though..

th-jpeg-39.jpg

Aite @MJ DOOM let's see some examples where recasts in major films or tv shows actually worked?

Main one I can think of is maybe Spartacus and even still that wasnt received the best as a prequel.

Altered Carbon - Works with the story
Doctor Who - built into the story.
Don Cheadle as Rhodey.
Mark Ruffalo as Hulk.

What's the best case for a recast in a major production where they just go on and act like nothing happened instead of a complete reboot.

When did it work. When didnt it?

man fuck the bullshit, tell me why recasting TCHALLA wouldn’t work?

Chadwick only played TCHALLA/BP for 64 minutes across 4 movies.

Im old enough to remember people saying he was the 3rd/4th best character in his own debut movie.

And what crazy, Civil War’s iteration of the character was more true to the comics than the solo movie.

I believe the below was worth bringing to fruition

Than this Tyler Perry black trauma bullshit they pushing with stereotypical black tropes and
a secret baby from Haiti

The movie like any other movie could’ve been pushed back and dropped next year.

They got my mans dying from a
illness
which his powers is immune to.

Tying real life to a comic book movie is wack. And using a person real life death as a marketing ploy is even more wack.

But it is what it is at this point. I’ll catch the Easter eggs on YouTube.

On to Kang and phase 5.

Back