Welcome To aBlackWeb

Reasonable Doubt VS OB4CL

OB4CL vs REASONABLE DOUBT

• OB4CL

• REASONABLE DOUBT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nothing comes close though? Ghost has more creative albums. Gza has more lyrical albums. OB4CL gives a better overall narrative. If you think RD is better than all of them, that's fine, but to act like RD is just head and shoulders above every Wu album is pushing it.
Ghost is prolly the one that comes closest.

But every song on RD is good and holds up to this day.

Jay was speaking coherently and dropping jewels about becoming rich and put that shit to fruition.

Wu was rapping about smoking dust and most of the times the rhymes didnt make sense.

To compare U-Gods debut to any jay album is downright offensive

Ghost is prolly the one that comes closest.

But every song on RD is good and holds up to this day.

Jay was speaking coherently and dropping jewels about becoming rich and put that shit to fruition.

Wu was rapping about smoking dust and most of the times the rhymes didnt make sense.

To compare U-Gods debut to any jay album is downright offensive

Oh, you're one of those "I didn't know what they were talking about so it didn't make sense" types. Ok, I understand now.

Lol nah I know alot of it was 5 percenter language

But.. I can give you 5 wu rhymes that make zero sense right now, courtesy of ghost and rae.

Made an IC thread about it and no one could debunk it.

I don't deny that Ghost had some rhymes that made no sense from time to time. He's said that himself. Rae's tend to make sense when you translate everything from his own personal slang, but honestly you shouldn't have to do that, so I get having that problem with him sometimes. If this was a discussion about who is a more consistent MC, you'd be making a good case for Jay. However, that's not what the discussion is about. You're claiming that RD is heads above any Wu album including OB4CL. None of what you mentioned is an issue on OB4CL. It was a concept album, and they stayed on concept.

I don't deny that Ghost had some rhymes that made no sense from time to time. He's said that himself. Rae's tend to make sense when you translate everything from his own personal slang, but honestly you shouldn't have to do that, so I get having that problem with him sometimes. If this was a discussion about who is a more consistent MC, you'd be making a good case for Jay. However, that's not what the discussion is about. You're claiming that RD is heads above any Wu album including OB4CL. None of what you mentioned is an issue on OB4CL. It was a concept album, and they stayed on concept.
To each is own fam.

I've been listening to wu since about 96 and didn't start listen to jay until 03-04 (im a 90s baby)

When I went back and listened to his earlier shit, my mind was blown.

To each is own fam.

I've been listening to wu since about 96 and didn't start listen to jay until 03-04 (im a 90s baby)

When I went back and listened to his earlier shit, my mind was blown.

Like you said, to each his own. I also gave Jay's catalog a fair listen on multiple occasions because I wasn't really into him. I came out thinking he was overrated. He's witty and drops some good lines no doubt. He absolutely does have some great songs under his belt too. That said, his albums as a whole aren't that great to me besides RD and BP, and his music doesn't really have much substance outside a few songs here and there.

I can understand people saying Jay is a better rapper than any single Wu artist, though I would say Ghost is better in everything but technical lyricism, but I find your belief that his catalog or any of his albums blowing the whole Wu catalog out of the water to be a bit strange.

Like you said, to each his own. I also gave Jay's catalog a fair listen on multiple occasions because I wasn't really into him. I came out thinking he was overrated. He's witty and drops some good lines no doubt. He absolutely does have some great songs under his belt too. That said, his albums as a whole aren't that great to me besides RD and BP, and his music doesn't really have much substance outside a few songs here and there.

I can understand people saying Jay is a better rapper than any single Wu artist, though I would say Ghost is better in everything but technical lyricism, but I find your belief that his catalog or any of his albums blowing the whole Wu catalog out of the water to be a bit strange.
BP, RD, BA, Vol.2, AG, 444 all classics

Jay has proven himself to be able to ride on different producers beats while wu mostly used RZA.

And he was able to make hits as well as street singles.

There's very few artists touching hov which is why he always gets mentioned alongside big,pac and nas.

Ans that was after his second LP

Purple Tape

When RD Dropped Nobody Outside Of New York/Tri-State Knew Who Or What A Jay-Z

That Annie Sample Pushed Him To The Forefront

RD Is A Revisionist Classic OB4CL Is An Instant Classic Along With RTD Illmatic And The Infamous
Wu was already known at the time and prolly the biggest group in hip hop so of course people gonna check out his album.

Jay was unknown at released it in a year where pac, nas, fugees and a lot of them dropped.

Who was gonna buy an unknown rapper cd

BP, RD, BA, Vol.2, AG, 444 all classics

Jay has proven himself to be able to ride on different producers beats while wu mostly used RZA.

And he was able to make hits as well as street singles.

There's very few artists touching hov which is why he always gets mentioned alongside big,pac and nas.

Ans that was after his second LP

RD and BP are the only classics IMO.

Rza was the primary producer from 36 to Wu Forever. Since then he's barely produced, so the Wu members have shown they can ride over non-Rza beats and haven't actually had the quality of producers that Jay has had access too. Not to mention that Jay poaches beats. Back around BP I believe, Kanye himself said that Jay took too beats that Kanye had meant for Ghostface. That's a big reason why he was able to make such big singles.

Jay Z Freestyles are way better than any song of his

Jay Z best asset is flow he's a master of flows be it the fast double time flow or any other type of flow

Jay Z Freestyles are way better than any song of his

Jay Z best asset is flow he's a master of flows be it the fast double time flow or any other type of flow

Nas is the greatest rapper of all time when it comes to lyricst and flow.

Nas got 5 classics, Illmatic,It was written, stillmatic, Gods son & Lost tapes

Nas is the greatest rapper of all time when it comes to lyricst and flow.

Nas got 5 classics, Illmatic,It was written, stillmatic, Gods son & Lost tapes

Nas is 2nd greatest of all time lyricist/MC not quite number one but easily number 2 right behind Jay Z

As I said the top 5 greatest of all time MC's/technical lyricists/complex rhymes are

1. Jay Z
2. Nas
3. Canibus
4. Andre 3000
5. Rakim

Top 5 greatest of all time overall artists/song writers/musicians

1. Eminem
2. 50 Cent
3. Z-Ro
4. Kid Cudi
5. Max B

Don't take anything @Busta Carmichael says he's trolling

Jay Z weakness = hooks, only being able to rap, not being able to sing or do melodies, being way too technically lyrical and lyrically complex, not being able to produce beats, relying so heavily on word play/multis/punchlines/entendres/metaphors, subject matter and mainly his entire career just rapping about selling drugs and thug violence, needing big RnB singers to feature and do the hooks on his singles so he can have a hit, having a skippy flow too much

Back