Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

He played Hancock. That wasn't an Oscar worthy role, but the character wasn't exactly a good guy.

I'm not a Will Smith fan, but I think it's a little much to say he hasn't demonstrated range. Sure, there's a little Will in every character he plays, but that's true for every actor.
Hancock was a vanity project.

nothing about the role required great effort from Smith as he was just playing himself… with an attitude.

lol I guess.

The point is Mike Lowery in Bad Boys is a very different character from who he played in Seven Pounds who is a very different character from the character he played in Enemy of the State. I'd agree that like 80% of his roles are just Will Smith in a new scenario, but I wouldn't say that he hasn't demonstrated any range.

Range to most Will Smith screen fans isn't playing a likeable character all the time even if they're different roles

We always use Denzel in Training Day as an example because that performance caught everybody off guard... He went left...

Ironically the same director for Emancipation

An Oscar award winning actor don't have range?!?

I've had it up to here with you abw negros and your overly critical nature when it comes to black actors.

Do better man, do better.

I mean he did do pursuit of happyness and Ali but most don’t see him as a villian.

now if he played the nice guy villian that could work.

Like what type of villain could y’all see him as? Like I never viewed Robin Williams as a villain but he played one in that picture movie stalking folks

Will Smith to me would be like idk. Nice guy type villain

Like what type of villain could y’all see him as? Like I never viewed Robin Williams as a villain but he played one in that picture movie stalking folks

Will Smith to me would be like idk. Nice guy type villain

Like victor sweet in four brothers
[/QUOTE]

This makes me question whether or not you even know what ‘range’ means. By its very definition, being an Oscar winner has literally zero to do with having range.

Sit this one out.
Nah. Bollocks to y'all and your fantasy's on what range is.
You abw people gwaan like King Richard Will is Hitch with 2 daughters.

This has been a long running theme on here. Any random movie will come out and there's someone griping about the movie being ok but they didn't find the black actor believable.

I remember hearing little digs about Michael B Jordan couple times.

Get off y'all high horses mayne. Muhfuckas watch one Daniel day Lewis film and think you're siskel and Ebert when a black actor is on their job.

Yeah, the definition of range in here seems a bit weird. I'm not saying that Will has a huge range, but criticism here seems to boil down to "He's never played a villain." Since when has playing a villain been the be all end all when it comes to acting range?

Back