Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY REAL MEN DON'T LET A WOMAN TAKE CARE OF THEM...

I see his point. It's one thing if y'all are on a date and she pays here and there. But if she's paying for everything then that's a problem.
but why are yall on a date if the both of yall cant share?

if you like the guy then the decision should be made to save money. get sandwiches and chill in the park.

but what chick would do that and how many times.

Ehhhh. To an extent he's right BUT there's always exceptions to the rule. If homie is down on his luck and shorty is providing while he get back in the game then no harm no foul. Now if he's just a corny ass house wife ass nigga who's not even trying to provide or some clown who's not trying to get his shit together then yeah to that's some bull.

My Dad legit felt some type of way b/c he thought my s/o was paying for my food every time we went out to eat.

He thought that b/c wheneva the check came, she'd sign it. He didn't know I actually paid for the meal, but would let her sign it. Mainly b/c she's the calculating type when it comes to giving tips. But to see the look of relief on his face after tellin him that...Lol.

I wondered why he felt would feel that way if that was case. He's kinda old skool. Type where the man is the breadwinner and takes care of his family. My mama never had to work. So the older folks...I get that. It's what they grew up on.

Nowadays the landscape has changed greatly, b/c of the opportunities women have becoming big earners. So is this more of a generation thing...or a pride thing?

And does the lack of a male figure in a lot of these households play a big role for this kind of thinking?

haha!

I wonder if I got time today?

Let's start by saying that the meaning of "Real Man" is subjective.
If there is no set definition for what a "real woman"is, as many believe and have expressed in previous discussions. Then the same for a "real man".

So, if a man doesn't have a job, is he a mooch? or Does him taking care of home whilst the woman works considered "providing"?
To many people, A stay at home Dad is just as valuable as a man bringing in 6 figures.
If you say otherwise, does that mean you also believe that a woman who does the same is less than as well?

How about a man who provides millions but cheats on a weekly basis and never spends time with his children?
Is he a "real man" because he is providing financially but neglects other areas in the relationship?

In my opinion Khan's point is valid and speaks to the the "Mentality" a man should have. If you all thought the way that he did, you would seek to accomplish MORE than just bringing in the money. For to 'take care' of' someone is all encompassing not just financial, sexual and/or any other itemized action.

He has some nuggets to nibble on, but you'd do well to remember that ALL situations and views on said things vary per individual.

What YOU believe to be less than a man/woman may be more than for someone else.

but why are yall on a date if the both of yall cant share?

if you like the guy then the decision should be made to save money. get sandwiches and chill in the park.

but what chick would do that and how many times.
Why do you like to overanalyze everything? Lol my post was very straightforward.

.....and who's "takin care" of this lady when she ain't got a man....?

This is some Disney prince is gonna save ya soundin bullshit.........

I'll admit tho... Only half the bills is probably what I miss most about a relationship.

This is less about a woman taking care of a man and more about men being foundationally strong is all aspects of their lives; which is critical to the survival of our people.

Reactions: Iva
@Iva
What you think?
You already know I don't believe in taking care of a man. However there are times they may need more support and that might have me putting more in financially. But I would only agree if he had a plan and sense of urgency to get out the slump.

You already know I don't believe in taking care of a man. However there are times they may need more support and that might have me putting more in financially. But I would only agree if he had a plan and sense of urgency to get out the slump.
Word. I agree.
What if it's agreed that you are the bread winner and he is more suited to take care of home. Would you have a problem with reverse traditional gender roles

Word. I agree.
What if it's agreed that you are the bread winner and he is more suited to take care of home. Would you have a problem with reverse traditional gender roles
I'm with it. But idk if I could do it long term. I'd prob get jealous of him being with the kids more than me.

Shout out to @Whispering Eye for lacing up my commissary.

Got me like...

tenor.gif

It depends. If a man is going through a hard time for whatever reason, and his lady picks up the slack while he gets back on his feet, then nothing is wrong. However, I do see something wrong with a man just trying to live off a woman. Unfortunately, I see more and more of that happening these days.

Back