Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll (Rd2) UGK vs Mobb Deep

Better Rap Group?

• Total voters
there needs to be some requirements to be able to vote in these kinda threads

like show proof of purchase of an album from EACH artist/group or sumn

cuz if you've admittedly never listened to 1 or the other, how can your opinion hold weight?
just so i cant say im hating

I own
pimp c pimpalation
naked soul of sweet james jones

bun b no mixtape
trill og
2 trill
return of the trill
trillstatik

ugk dirty money
riding dirty
ugk for life

This is a really good matchup.

Both basically regional lcons.
No one in the south fucks with modd deep that heavy and no one in the north fuxks with UGK that heavy.

Both started in the game when they were teens.

Both had a heavy hand in there production.

Both have a rapper that outshines the other.

Both have a dead members.

The are the antithesis of each other.

Im giving UGK the edge because they were in a lane of there own more and no one else sounded like them. They didn't sound like anyone else.
Let's not forget the legacy of Trill.

Im not mad at either one winning.

UGK never had the promotion and always had issues with Jive. UGK didn't settle their issues with Jive until the double album. Greatly, Ridin Dirty went gold with no video

This is a really good matchup.

Both basically regional lcons.
No one in the south fucks with modd deep that heavy and no one in the north fuxks with UGK that heavy.

Both started in the game when they were teens.

Both had a heavy hand in there production.

Both have a rapper that outshines the other.

Both have a dead members.

The are the antithesis of each other.

Im giving UGK the edge because they were in a lane of there own more and no one else sounded like them. They didn't sound like anyone else.
Let's not forget the legacy of Trill.

Im not mad at either one winning.
it also helps you live in texas and they are home influenced..

Not asked of me but I know the bold 3 songs seeing them listed. But if asked to name 5 mobb deep songs I honestly couldn't do it.

Also yall have to realize if folks ain't fans of certain groups or solo artists no matter what they may mean to some of yall. I really don't see why its surprising or folks gotta be lying to say they couldn't name music from said group or person.

I know myself personally its a lot songs I can rap the lyrics to but if asked to name said song its quite possible I wouldn't be able to do it.
Sadly, people growing up in a certain sect will only know what they know. If Mobb Deep didnt step up with CNN and defended NYC in LALA and PAc shouting then out in Hit them up would they be as popularized outside of the tristate? prolly not with much fanfare as they have but it opened doors

born and raised in baton rouge and i think Jay Z is one of the best to ever step into a booth

just FYI

just so i cant say im hating

I own
pimp c pimpalation
naked soul of sweet james jones

bun b no mixtape
trill og
2 trill
return of the trill
trillstatik

ugk dirty money
riding dirty
ugk for life

cool

that makes your opinion more well rounded, whether I agree or not, I can respect it

This only speaks to the geographical breakdown of this board....most niggas above the mason dixon line and In the eastern seaboard didn’t listen to UGK til Big Pimpin them niggas local

Not asked of me but I know the bold 3 songs seeing them listed. But if asked to name 5 mobb deep songs I honestly couldn't do it.

Also yall have to realize if folks ain't fans of certain groups or solo artists no matter what they may mean to some of yall. I really don't see why its surprising or folks gotta be lying to say they couldn't name music from said group or person.

I know myself personally its a lot songs I can rap the lyrics to but if asked to name said song its quite possible I wouldn't be able to do it.
This is something y’all should keep to y’all selves.

I would be more outraged at the fact there is someone in this very thread who has never seen Coming to America or Thin Line B/t Love and Hate over people not thinking Mobb Deep is a top 5 group

Back