Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll (Rd2) UGK vs Mobb Deep

Better Rap Group?

• Total voters
That Mobb Deep shit just don't sound good. Musicallyly the shit is just awful and the same can be said about most and damn near all NY music. The east coast has always had the worst beats. Pimp C shits on 99.9% of all east coast producers and Bun destroys 99.9% of all rappers anywhere. This shit is straight easy button status.

I’m sure their videos were shown on mtv and bet which is nationwide.

If they were shown nationwide and i cant remember them then what does that tell you?

:js4:

I obviously wont checking for that shit when it was on

Its no hate. Its just i dont get the hype on here

ya'll still trying to iron this shit out?

everybody has their choices and opinions at the end of every thread

Niggas already posted songs you asked for. No response from you. You just been talking in circles yo.
I'm talking to you nigga

don't ride another man coat tail

I'm talking to you nigga

don't ride another man coat tail

Lol. Nigga if you don't calm yo goofy ass down. And response to the songs already posted nigga. That nigga @Revolver Ocelot is ruining you man.

tenor.gif

Smh. Damn shame AP. Damn shame.

This is a really good matchup.

Both basically regional lcons.
No one in the south fucks with modd deep that heavy and no one in the north fuxks with UGK that heavy.

Both started in the game when they were teens.

Both had a heavy hand in there production.

Both have a rapper that outshines the other.

Both have a dead members.

The are the antithesis of each other.

Im giving UGK the edge because they were in a lane of there own more and no one else sounded like them. They didn't sound like anyone else.
Let's not forget the legacy of Trill.

Im not mad at either one winning.

Whats funny is UGK and Mobb have a loy of parallels.....just to add on

They both painted vivid and raw pictures about the realities and envrionments they grew up in

Dope lyricist and dope producer tandem

Mobb Deep helped created a sound that help define an era and region

UGK was one of the first to really come with that dope talk and introduced a lot of slang to Hip-Hop

Prodigy fell off and went on a spree of not rhyming for years

Bun been spitting lazy and uninspried verses since Pimp C died

Lol. Nigga if you don't calm yo goofy ass down. And response to the songs already posted nigga. That nigga @Revolver Ocelot is ruining you man.

tenor.gif

Smh. Damn shame AP. Damn shame.
this is the thing

I'm going to listen to the songs that were posted and come back with an honest opinion

I can't say the same for y'all who are just hell-bent on trying to prove that ugk isn't one of the best groups to do it.

whether they are a consensus top 5 isn't the point to me, but y'all niggas gonna stop with the southern artists disrespect on this board

we gotta chill with the tension over this regional music shit lol

when we link up for the abw cookout ima pour a lil lean ya'lls orange pop.....we gone have stuffed shrimp w/ mambo sauce and fried spaghetti

we playin mobb deep screwed and chopped and I'll show ya'll how to southside in timbs

have ya'll rollin saabs on swangas out here

Whats funny is UGK and Mobb have a loy of parallels.....just to add on

They both painted vivid and raw pictures about the realities and envrionments they grew up in

Dope lyricist and dope producer tandem

Mobb Deep helped created a sound that help define an era and region

UGK was one of the first to really come with that dope talk and introduced a lot of slang to Hip-Hop

Prodigy fell off and went on a spree of not rhyming for years

Bun been spitting lazy and uninspried verses since Pimp C died
this entire post x1000

we gotta chill with the tension over this regional music shit lol

when we link up for the abw cookout ima pour a lil lean ya'lls orange pop.....we gone have stuffed shrimp w/ mambo sauce and fried spaghetti

we playin mobb deep screwed and chopped and I'll show ya'll how to southside in timbs

have ya'll rollin saabs on swangas out here
fuck that shit haf

one of these niggas catching an elbow off the spades table

I remember the Freaknik days when ATL was ground zero for all things dope. In the midst of the east coast/west coast bullshit we were neutral ground. From Jack The Rapper to the Bronner Brothers hair show there was always something popping for young black in the ATL. Everybody came down here, fucked hoes, smoked good, drank good and kicked it. Everybody was riding good and every car was bumping something. Out of all the people who came from all those places and drove all those cars and played all that music I never heard anyone bumping Mobb Deep. Ever

Outside of Big you didn't hear much east coast shit period.

Last edited:
Back