Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rd2: Goat Song of 99: Cash Money is a Army vs Big Pimpin

Rd2: Goat Song of 99: Cash Money is a Army vs Big Pimpin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
big pimpin was my first time hearing ugk..

i heard more when i got to college,

i always thought bun b was nice, but i thought pimp c was wack..

iw as constantly amused and surprised at how much southern niggaz vouched for pimp c...

i thought dude was corny and horrible.... odb status at best...i thought his verse on big pimpin was horrible.... bun killed it tho....

right....and I can respect that

just reverse it when you think about the south....especially at that time

I know he sold records here (just like Bow Wow and Nelly and Flo Rida), but the streets did NOT fuck with Jay Z lol

I was grown before I heard of/knew about Reasonable Doubt.....other then that it was just whatever singles were on tv

of course we saw hard knock life and all that but as far as somebody like "jay droppin next week" I never saw it once

My 1st time hearing ugk was on the menace 2 society soundtrack. I didnt even kno it was ugk, cuz i only had the cd and not the case. That was my 2nd fav song on the soundtrack. Found out yrs later it was ugk. Went back and listened to all their old shit......became a lifelong fan

Last edited:
rip Lil Dookie

mqdefault-4.jpg
Its Doogie bruh

Lol

Last edited:
I read some where that Pimp hated the beat so much. That he basically trolled everyone, by sayin the most stupid, simple, ignant shit in his verse. Yet ppl loved it. lol

big pimpin was my first time hearing ugk..

i heard more when i got to college,

i always thought bun b was nice, but i thought pimp c was wack..

iw as constantly amused and surprised at how much southern niggaz vouched for pimp c...

i thought dude was corny and horrible.... odb status at best...i thought his verse on big pimpin was horrible.... bun killed it tho....

one of those mysteries to me.....

but southern niggaz are famous for liking niggaz swag over their bars

I didn't kno' people thought Pimp C was good til the IC, but then there are a bunch of guys like that.

He always seemed kinda wack to me as a rapper

everybody wanna ball, holla at broads at the mall

I didn't kno' people thought Pimp C was good til the IC, but then there are a bunch of guys like that.

He always seemed kinda wack to me as a rapper
thats b/c you not up on the game he was preaching

pimp aint no top tier emcee, and thats ok, but he told stories about the good and bad side of the dope game and it was relatable to a lot of people in that area

Also, I thought the Pkmp story of Big Pimpin' made him look terrible and he almost ruined Lord knows how much money and exposure for Bun B, and for almost no reason

thats b/c you not up on the game he was preaching

pimp aint no top tier emcee, and thats ok, but he told stories about the good and bad side of the dope game and it was relatable to a lot of people in that area

That's always a cop out coz I'm not a drug dealer yet I can understand why Jay is a top rapper

That's always a cop out coz I'm not a drug dealer yet I can understand why Jay is a top rapper

its not a cop out but ok

there are a myriad of reasons why Jay is more "likable" than Pimp, but this not my hill so...

It's not about likeable. Jay is almost objectively a better rapper than Pimp

agreed....no question there, and I think some people get that mixed up when we say shit like we listened to the song because UGK was on it

we just werent on him like that

there's still a lotta shit im just now hearing that ya'll would swear was the holy grail everywhere

Big Pimpin'

The song that made it cool for niggas, women, and the streets down south to listen to Jay.

Pimp C killed his verse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back