Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rd2: Goat Song of 98: Slippin vs Back That Thang Up

Rd2: Goat Song of 98: Slippin vs Back That Azz Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
AP acting like we're voting for MC No Name, DMX dropped 2 albums in 98 , one going 4x plat and the other 3x plat. Everybody was playing the shit lol

Nah...

The point we trying to make is that most of us were in middle to early high school in 98’

So a song like slippin most likely would not have the same effect on us like a BTAU would.

I was like 12 or 13 when these songs dropped.

If you gave me a choice to bump one or the other I was choosing BTAU 10/10 bruh...at 13 I just wanted music that made me feel awesome...

And slippin aint that

And im fairly positive that applies for most us.

I appreciate Slippin more NOW as grown man that can really understand the depth of that song.

Last edited:
U never heard Wayne's verse?
my fault, i was still on the previous page posting a post and didnt see the posts after

but dont play me

I was listening to Wayne before you realized B.G's True Story was him and B.G.

you've been warned

:ghost:

giphy.gif

@AlwaysPushinyoluck21, bruh if you ask me that one m...
i'll always applaud originality

this why i fuks with you Blac

LMAO

Nah...

The point we trying to make is that most of us were in middle to early high school in 98’

So a song like slippin most likely would not have the same effect on us like a BTAU would.

I was like 12 or 13 when these songs dropped.

If you gave me a choice to bump one or the other I was choosing BTAU 10/10 bruh...at 13 I just wanted music that made me feel awesome...

And slippin aint that

And im fairly positive that applies for most us.

I appreciate Slippin more NOW as grown man and can really understand the depth of that song.
EXACTLY!!!!

this aint no southern bias either

but niggas acting like they was actually having introspective thoughts at the ripe age of 7 and shit

Reactions: 1/2
I see what yall are saying, but do you really want niggas to judge these songs 20 years later using a kid's perspective?

Like i said, I'm taking into account how i felt in 98 about the songs, how the song performed in 98 and how i feel 20 years later about the songs.

I see what yall are saying, but do you really want niggas to judge these songs 20 years later using a kid's perspective?

Like i said, I'm taking into account how i felt in 98 about the songs, how the song performed in 98 and how i feel 20 years later about the songs.

Using your criteria my vote stays the same

I already explained why earlier

well then, this is where we differ

im going with the feeling in 98 and not 2018 in this case b/c of the matchup of the songs

if this was up against another introspective song released that year, this is an entirely different convo

EXACTLY!!!!

this aint no southern bias either

but crackas acting like they was actually having introspective thoughts at the ripe age of 7 and shit

So...uh...

I almost died twice by the time Slippin came out

Couldn't stop committing crimes even though I wanted to

Close to being homeless. Substance problem, all that

That spoke to me more then booty shaking at the time for sure

Why do cats gotta be something, or not be/have/done something just because they like something else?

You're making that shit more complicated than it has to be fam lol, but it's your world :mybad:

well then, this is where we differ

im going with the feeling in 98 and not 2018 in this case b/c of the matchup of the songs

if this was up against another introspective song released that year, this is an entirely different convo

Bro Slippin is the better song. Better beat, better lyrics, way way way more timeless.

By your rationale, Crank Dat is better than Slippin

And for the record I basically follow the same line of thinking as goldie, I just lean more towards how that song was back then in the climate it was released.

And before you smarty pants ass niggas come running here talmbout “well what about the 80s annd earlys 90s tourneys!”

Guess what

I either didnt participate or I picked the song that sounded the best to me now. So STFU

So...uh...

I almost died twice by the time Slippin came out

Couldn't stop committing crimes even though I wanted to

Close to being homeless. Substance problem, all that

That spoke to me more then booty shaking at the time for sure

Why do cats gotta be something, or not be/have/done something just because they like something else?

Amd thats exactly what we been saying bruh...

Thats why I said MOST of us. If you went through that at that age...then of course it would resonate...cause that was your life bruh...nobody os disagreeing with that.

Its these other uppity ass niggas in here that was were supposedly Hip Hop Scholars at 7 im addressing

Bro Slippin is the better song. Better beat, better lyrics, way way way more timeless.

By your rationale, Crank Dat is better than Slippin

nah b/c Crank Dat is a dumb song

nobody playing that shit now

what else ya got

By your rationale, its a better song
no...you used my rationale out of context to apply it to a cookie cutter song to try and make a point as a rebuttal

I've never "liked" crank dat, but i would be lying if i didnt do the superman a time or to, but nobody doing that shit in a party in 2018. Females are STILL running to the dance floor when they hear those violins at the beginning of BTAU

and i dont wanna even get started on how "slippin has a better beat than BTAU"..we not doing that today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back