Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll [Rd1] Goat Movie Tournament: Shawshank Redemption vs Inception

Better Movie?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawhank was great. It was almost like breaking bad. How a mild mannered man transformed into a criminal genius off of a bad break.

Andy was an innocent man. And always carried himself as a free man even when locked up. It's like he was never broken and was on some count of Monte Cristo shit when it came to planning his escape and revenge, AND his retirement plan. Like dude was unnaturaly smart, determined, had a will that would not be broken.

Then all the side stories of others and how institutionalism effects people on different levels.

Great fucking movie.

Inception was basically a pretty cool concept played out with a charming cast an great special effects. All them YouTube breakdowns are fake smart niggaz trying too hard to sound too smart about some basic shit

Like there deeper they can break down shit the smarter they feel. Same shit with Jordan Peele movies, but I digress. I'll save that argument for those threads

So shawshank was deep and inception was basic and fake smart lol

Yall niggas is saying anything at this point.

" A mild mannered turned bad in prison"

Wowww , that's fuckin genius. I could've never seen it coming!

That shits corny and impressive to niggas who never been outside. That shit doesn't depict real.prison life.

Inception was an orgy of special effects.

Visual eye candy. The movie itself was flat af.

We've had classroom discussions on shawhank. The shit got levels.

I voted Inception out of preference but objectively Shawshank is the better movie. Better acting, better dramatization, and it's based on a true story. The movie is captivating for how well it absorbs emotion, conflict, redemption and salvation. Inception is phenomenal and very intricate but more often than not the brilliance is in simplicity.

Shawshank marked a moment in time and is often heralded as one of the greatest movies of all time and to this day frequents top 10 lists nearly 30 years later. Inception barely breaks into top 40 and I can name 50 movies better than it which also had a bigger impact as well.

Idc what these old white mfs herald as the best. That's the whole reason I'm doing this shit.

There's too many mfs basing their whole opinion off of awards and accolades some.old white mfs gave. Niggas dont know how to think for themselves and the shits sad to watch.

It's only captivating to niggas who never lived that life. Its captivating to square mfs who go home in their Volvo and eat salmon and brussel sprouts for dinner.

That shits corny and impressive to niggas who never been outside. That shit doesn't depict real.prison life.
It's only captivating to niggas who never lived that life. Its captivating to square mfs who go home in their Volvo and eat salmon and brussel sprouts for dinner.
What are u even talkin about anymore?

How much time u done anyways goldie?

Idc what these old white mfs herald as the best. That's the whole reason I'm doing this shit.

There's too many mfs basing their whole opinion off of awards and accolades some.old white mfs gave. Niggas dont know how to think for themselves and the shits sad to watch.

Lmao why you lash out when niggas don’t agree

I swear, when I'm done tending to.my fam these next few weeks, I'm gonna start the abw Podcast where I rant for 1 hr straight lol I really be meaning the shit I post.

This is hilarious coming from somebody that lives by the words of Awesomely Wack
I enjoy his videos.

I never said the videos weren't good. I love watching good break down videos. Doesn't make the movie any better. But I appreciate a thorough break down.

Last edited:
Lol, and Goldie be wilding....

Inception was a visual masterpiece. I'll give it that hands down. But SR was clearly the better movie. As simple as possible, it was the far better story.

Or people voting for the movie they like best. Shawshank didn't win any awards I don't believe and it bombed at the box office. It's just a great movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back