Raven Symone Slams Jay-z, Diddy, TI and More

I don't see anybody shitting on Scorsese, Pacino, or Deniro for all the violent and criminal movies they've been part of. It trips me out how all these people that are supposed to be for black people like to hold black people to more strict standards than everyone else. Some of those dudes did rap about negative shit. Ok, but how many of them were out there promoting that or saying it's the way to be. TI is a good example. He made that kinda music, but he never promoted that lifestyle, not even when he was getting arrested for stupid shit associated with that lifestyle.

This

Right

Here.

Whats funny is that most of those guys dont glorify that life for real. Theirs is a cautionary tale of what the street life do to you.

Like many guys have said...the shit they rap about is/was real life for either them or someone they knew...and also many of thier listeners.

Now that they are in a position to do so...many of those men are now reaching back and trying to help our people either with thier pockets, time or knowledge...some all three

But you always got super negative hotep ultra black power woke annoying motherfuckers wanna rain on the parades of black excellence.

This

Right

Here.

Whats funny is that most of those guys dont glorify that life for real. Theirs is a cautionary tale of what the street life do to you.

Like many guys have said...the shit they rap about is/was real life for either them or someone they knew...and also many of thier listeners.

Now that they are in a position to do so...many of those men are now reaching back and trying to help our people either with thier pockets, time or knowledge...some all three

But you always got super negative hotep ultra black power woke annoying motherfuckers wanna rain on the parades of black excellence.

If yall had watched the video you'd see he actually points that out and commends them for doing so. But...

To give her Donkey of the Day for this is wrong.

And we need to stop giving these brothers passes for the things that they do earlier in their career. That is just going to continue the cycle of brothers doing wrong earlier on to make it and then cleaning things up when they become more established and older.

• Wack
Reactions: Royal
To give her Donkey of the Day for this is wrong.

And we need to stop giving these brothers passes for the things that they do earlier in their career. That is just going to continue the cycle of brothers doing wrong earlier on to make it and then cleaning things up when they become more established and older.

So you think the better thing to do is to bash them for what they can't change instead of applauding them for changing? That makes no sense. I don't see anyone praising these dudes for being criminals in their past lives. We're just saying that there is no reason to tear them down out of the blue.

So Arnold Schwarzenegger glorified gun violence right then became Governor of California right....

I don't see anybody shitting on Scorsese, Pacino, or Deniro for all the violent and criminal movies they've been part of. It trips me out how all these people that are supposed to be for black people like to hold black people to more strict standards than everyone else. Some of those dudes did rap about negative shit. Ok, but how many of them were out there promoting that or saying it's the way to be. TI is a good example. He made that kinda music, but he never promoted that lifestyle, not even when he was getting arrested for stupid shit associated with that lifestyle.

Music has the greatest influence in the world against all art forms.

Just like a great speech can up lift (MLK and X) or destroy (Trump and Hitler)

Just saying.

So many movies has been mad about gangs

But soon as Wayne and Game came out repping everybody and their momma was a damn blood.

I see you same noggas give props to K. Dot and Cole for being positive and sending th youth a good message so y’all believe that destruction in music is a real thing too.

So you think the better thing to do is to bash them for what they can't change instead of applauding them for changing? That makes no sense. I don't see anyone praising these dudes for being criminals in their past lives. We're just saying that there is no reason to tear them down out of the blue.

Somebody is still obtuse, I see.

No. We should bash all new artists that come with this bullshit and we shouldn't stop bashing artists if they change over time. Cause that just encourages the same thing (i.e. doing wrong earlier on to make it and then cleaning things up when they become more established). These dudes should know that they can't leave behind all the bad shit they did.

I believe this would be better for the race over the long haul.

• Wack
Reactions: Royal
Somebody is still obtuse, I see.

No. We should bash all new artists that come with this bullshit and we shouldn't stop bashing artists if they change over time. Cause that just encourages the same thing (i.e. doing wrong earlier on to make it and then cleaning things up when they become more established). These dudes should know that they can't leave behind all the bad shit they did.

I believe this would be better for the race over the long haul.

I'm not obtuse just because I don't agree with your ridiculously simpleminded line of thought.

Even if I agree that rap can be harmful, bashing those dudes for what they did does nothing to change that and it doesn't help. What does help is to have dudes like that speak out against the bad things and work to improve the areas that they come from. Most of the dudes in that picture being bashed do that.

Since when has tearing people down ever accomplished anything of substance?

Reactions: Like_Water
Stallone glorified gun violence....Al Pacino glorified drug usage dealing and the devil....the list goes on niggas gotta be consistent w the outrage raised their kids and mind their business plus this nigga Speech cheated the rest of his s u
So many movies has been mad about gangs

But soon as Wayne and Game came out repping everybody and their momma was a damn blood.
But niggas in places like St Louis are on record saying they became crips and bloods after watching colors

I see you same noggas give props to K. Dot and Cole for being positive and sending th youth a good message so y’all believe that destruction in music is a real thing too.
I think most d begin by saying raise ur kids

Someone on Twitter @ her and ask her did she have the same moral compass when she accepted that stereotypical baby mama role on Empire....

The streets were gangbanging and slanging to Marvin Gaye and P-Funk. Gotti and Capone were listening to that Italian shit. That "blame rap music" argument only goes so far.

Secondly, it's Raven Simone. That bitch is a parrot for white supemacy. No integrity and that broke clock nonsense doesn't fly with me. Her opinion of black society is null and void. Wench has reduced her purpose to nothing more than a cock sock.

Just like always, the problem is not that they "pushed" stereotypes. The problem is that they are successful, truly successful, as black men. If they were white Raven wouldn't have said a damn thing. Like no one has about white Hollywood and allowed a rape-fest for decades. Matter of fact, this the second time a positive picture of black men has been publicly attacked. Remember that shit with Nipsey Hustle?

And honestly, yes. There is too much emphasis on living the street life in rap music. But, I'll expand on that later. I'm hungry.