Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Rappers who flew under the radar and do not get the respect they deserve?

I'm talking about rappers you think are at the GOAT level but due to all the mainstream labels being bought out by the rich pricks in suits they just do not get the chance to shine, 3 rappers come to mind straight away for me..

Freddie Gibbs
Jon Connor
Action Bronson

Connor is signed with Dr Dre and due to drop an album soon...but this is Dr Dre we are talking about so I just hope he isn't getting the Rakim treatment, Bronson and Gibbs are also doing great and would be wise to stay away from the big labels.

Ghostface.

Great catalog.
Great verses.
Has classics.
Ghost has been doin the damn thang for decades. But somehow someway he isn't considered in many top 10 lists. I wouldn't say he has flown under the radar but he definitely has not got the credit he deserves.

Ghostface Killah
Too Short
E-40
Red man
Black Thought
Master P
Mos Def
Ludacris

Last edited:
Ghostface.

Great catalog.
Great verses.
Has classics.
Ghost has been doin the damn thang for decades. But somehow someway he isn't considered in many top 10 lists. I wouldn't say he has flown under the radar but he definitely has not got the credit he deserves.

IMG_3393.GIF

I don’t think Freeway gets his just due either...take 2 songs off that album and you have a classic..plus he’s still active and putting out dope music

Yup... take the Nelly and the Snoop track off and that shit goes from beginning to end imo...

Crazy thing is Free At Last is better than Philadelphia Freeway and has no skips, but Jay didn't give it the push it needed...

I think Action Bronson was one of the most popular rappers of recent times until he kinda dissed Ghostface, since then it seems hes kinda branched into the cooking thing...

Daum near all hip hop heads give AZ, Ghost and Common their due as legends so I wouldnt say they go under the radar either... Especially Ghost, Wu Tang are probably the most well known and loved hip hop group of all time, random casual fans in fckn remote parts of the world have Wu Tang tattoos haha

Last edited:
Back