Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rank These Rappers Tournament (1998)

i don't understand the reference:uhhuhh:

this not a group where one person has all the talent riding the other members coattails

Swae lee is the star...slim jimmy is riding the coattails

you like Bun right...guess who did most of the production for UGK? Pimp C...so...to ohmars point, there is no Bun B w/o Pimp C

But 3k a top 5 rapper according to Outkast fans, he needed Big Boi to carry him?
exactly....

i mean, i've never heard once any person ever say big boi was a top 5 lyricist......ever.....

and every person who places 3k in that group was die hard outkast fans....

and now all of a sudden it's debatable that 3k was the lyrical stand out and the better artist of the duo??

well goddamn....

giphy.gif

it must be 2 sides......

Last edited:
this not a group where one person has all the talent riding the other members coattails

Swae lee is the star...slim jimmy is riding the coattails

you like Bun right...guess who did most of the production for UGK? Pimp C...so...to ohmars point, there is no Bun B w/o Pimp C

we ain't ranking producers tho...

niggaz don't rank eric b as the lyricist with rakim

I see you aint really a fan of either. Go back and listen to Too hard to swallow and Super Tight, Listen to southernplayalistic and ATLiens and tell me who carried who
just explain to me how 3k is a top 5 rapper, and big boi is not... yet big boi still carried him........

and i don't understand how this is a debate....

bun b is a better lyricist and rapper than pimp c by leaps and bounds..

3k is the more complete artist who has always been the stand out of the duo......

thought this was common knowledge....the entire appeal of the groups... how is this information unsettling?
If you talking strictly rapping ability I'd agree with you, they are better lyricists. If we going on that Pac should never be in the question.

Like ap said Pimp C is the UGK sound. Im a huge bun b fan but I aint checking for solo bun b like that.

Big boi is the steady constant in the sporadicity that is 3k. Without big boi niggas wouldnt wanna listen to that weirdo shit 3k be on at begining of outkast. They are complementary, one not more important then the other

If you talking strictly rapping ability I'd agree with you, they are better lyricists. If we going on that Pac should never be in the question.

Like ap said Pimp C is the UGK sound. Im a huge bun b fan but I aint checking for solo bun b like that.

Big boi is the steady constant in the sporadicity that is 3k. Without big boi niggas wouldnt wanna listen to that weirdo shit 3k be on at begining of outkast. They are complementary, one not more important then the other
yet people still are making sure they're being perfectly clear about nominating 3k and bunb

and specifically not pimp c and big boi

:smh:

On this album. I nominated Pimp C before and I think big boi
the same dude who made a song called i'm so bad i'd suck my own dick?

for the record i wanna be clear that when i nominated wu tang, i was specifically talking about u-god.....:scust2:

u see that?

that's how you sound right now putting pimp c over bun b

going forward i suggest every body list the exact artist from a duo or group.....

cuz......

wow........

the same dude who made a song called i'm so bad i'd suck my own dick?

for the record i wanna be clear that when i nominated wu tang, i was specifically talking about u-god.....:scust2:

u see that?

that's how you sound right now putting pimp c over bun b
Well thats a ugk song on a ugk album sooooooo...

I dont think you understand the how much Pimp C was UGK. There is no UGK without him. Saying the blasphemes things like you have been in Houston will legit get you into a fight

we just be some fighting ass niggaz then.....

objection....

relevance......??

b/c the album is "good" for his first solo effort but doesnt hold up b/c....oh i dont know...something is missing...OH...how about Pimp C

Pimp is only on one song iirc

besides, Bun didnt even wanna do a solo album but had to, to keep the UGK name out there as a brand

Back