Welcome To aBlackWeb

Didn't know where to put this, but I curious to hear people's thoughts on this scenario...

12.8.21 Trying to help a Power brother out he and his girl both in their late 40s have been together now for over nine years. They both live separately from one other. Recently, he was in a serious automobile accident he was hit by a drunk driver and he spent a month in the hospital but, now he’s out and doing a lot better. His girl came to him and said you know how I feel about being called a special friend and since you’re not ready to get married and I am, I think it’s only fair that we take out insurance policies on one another. That way we can at least make sure we have insurance if something happens to one of us. He said he’s never heard of anything like that before and he’s a little bit concerned about her having an insurance policy on him. He’s really not interested in having an insurance policy on her he’s really never even heard of anything like this. Ask the people if this is a good thing to do or not?!

Didn't know where to put this, but I curious to hear people's thoughts on this scenario...

12.8.21 Trying to help a Power brother out he and his girl both in their late 40s have been together now for over nine years. They both live separately from one other. Recently, he was in a serious automobile accident he was hit by a drunk driver and he spent a month in the hospital but, now he’s out and doing a lot better. His girl came to him and said you know how I feel about being called a special friend and since you’re not ready to get married and I am, I think it’s only fair that we take out insurance policies on one another. That way we can at least make sure we have insurance if something happens to one of us. He said he’s never heard of anything like that before and he’s a little bit concerned about her having an insurance policy on him. He’s really not interested in having an insurance policy on her he’s really never even heard of anything like this. Ask the people if this is a good thing to do or not?!

Sounds like her intentions are pure. But she can't make him pay for something he doesn't want to. Is he suspicious 👀 of her lol ? Jk . But while he may not have heard of it...its actually smart to take an insurance policy out on each other. I mean if he does not want to pay for one on her...she can do it for both of them and pay for it. And if she were to transition before him, he will thank her for it. Don't know if he thinking like she trying get money off his passing but him getting in a car accident probably woke her up little bit. I don't see nething wrong with it and if I were to pass and the person I been with for almost a decade got some money, that would be a good thing.

Feel like it would only make sense if they live together cause their expenses would be tied into the fact that they both contribute. So if one passed it would make it harder on the other financially. But since they don’t even share expenses. It doesn’t make sense.

Honestly this seems to be the point where they need to decide if they want a relationship still or not. This looks like the deal breaker.

But she been with him for 9 years....that's basically common law marriage.
That’s something a lawyer would say, but you can’t equate business with love and self love. He may love himself enough not subject himself to marriage, he may not love her. Who knows? But if they aren’t sharing financial responsibilities, why should she believe she should get a pay off from his death. That sounds like some you owe me shit. And if it’s just love, all I owe you is my love and what comes with that. What doesn’t..like living with me or a insurance policy, well, if you still wit me, you accepted that.

Feels like she is wasting her time. Is she fine with living separately? She wants to get married so it makes me believe she wants to live together. If they are not sharing anything, dont seem like there is a point for the insurance plan. Seems like dude doesnt want anything to officially tie them together

But she been with him for 9 years....that's basically common law marriage.
Thought common law would be for partners that live together? Seems like dude wants to be able to just leave without any financial tie ups if the relationship were to fail.

I couldntnt imagine sacrificing something that I require of my partner. I want to live with my partner eventually. If my lady didnt want to live together at any point of the relationship, im not staying in that relationship.

You can lose and make money.
You can lose and make friends.
You can only lose time.

She's trying anything at this point to "officially" anchor herself to him.

She's not "his girl"...and she knows this

He's not committed to her and doesn't want to get married...to her

If ol' girl grew a backbone today and decided to leave the situation, ol' boy would marry the chick he wants, within 6 months to a year

Lmao@ "special friend" for 9 years...le foh

Back