Welcome To aBlackWeb

The fact that colorism seems to be more interesting than the movie itself says either something about how trash the film is or how trash movie going audiences are.

Lmao, y'all mad because I don't need some random nigga gassing me?

Girl look... enjoy whatever day you about to have.

Happy holidays.

Shes not shitting on black men, niggas are just projecting their own frustrations. All she saying is that growing up, black men told her she wasn't attractive because she was dark skin. We gonna act like that shit ain't a problem in the black community ESPECIALLY in America ? She's not bashing black men she's just stating her experience. It's fucked up but it's what happened to her.

Also let's make it a point that she didn't just flock to a white man, shes married to Joshua Jackson, this dude was a 90s legend, today he runs hit TV show after hit TV show, movies When They See Us, The Mighty Ducks, Cruel Intentions, Scream, etc. Stayed low key and avoided the bullshit. Dude isn't no run of the mill dude he's a fuckin star. The amount of chicks available to that dude then and now and he chose her. I'm happy for them.

This is about Jodie and her suspected white supremacist, colorism, and/or anti-black male views.
Her twitter has multiple tweets of her expressing a preference for non-black men over the years.
Whatever her experience was, she clearly has had a type.
It's entirely possible that experience has grown into a dislike for men of her own race.
And she has been doing to black men, what black men did to her essentially. If her claims are true.

A pattern is there, so I can see why black folks would want to label her a bedwench.
If no evidence to suggest otherwise, I'd hold off debating in her favor for now.

Last edited:
This is about Jodie and her suspected white supremacist, colorism, and/or anti-black male views.
Her twitter has multiple tweets of her expressing a preference for non-black men over the years.
Whatever her experience was, she clearly has had a type.
It's entirely possible that experience has grown into a dislike for men of her own race.
And she has been doing to black men, what black men did to her essentially. If her claims are true.

A pattern is there, so I can see why black folks would want to label her a bedwench.
If no evidence to suggest otherwise, I'd hold off debating in her favor for now.

This the same nigga in the kevin spacey thread calling that man "gangsta" smmfh.

This the same nigga in the kevin spacey thread calling that man "gangsta" smmfh.

Of course.
If he defeated his opposition, beating the odds the way we think he did, it was definitely some gangster shit.
You should post in that thread and state what you'd call it if you disagree.
I won't respond to anything else off subject here.

Niggas coming at this chick for speaking how dudes treated her like the music we listen dont lowkey promote it

And those artists should be called out as well.
I do believe they have in some cases. Even athletes have gotten flack for it, as they should.
Black actors that date white women have been called out as well.
What's really interesting here is if a black activist is in an interracial relationship, most black folks disregard them immediately.

Yet here we have Jodie and suddenly the majority wants to be openminded and more tolerant.
That's something I'd like to hear someone make sense of.

I didn't hate the movie but if this came out during the days of DVDs, I wouldn't be trying to cop it either

Are you projecting ? Show me the numerous tweets.

Point I'm saying is niggas wanna be quick to act like this shit ain't rampant in the black community. Majority of the women posted in The Candy Shop aren't even dark skin, they're mostly light brites.

I have relatives who are dark skin and experienced shit like people saying "oh you're pretty for a dark skin girl" or seeing them play favorites because one child is lighter than the other. Jodie is speaking about her experiences, and in Hollywood it is harder for dark skin people especially women to get on when you're competing against the Halle Berry, Kerry Washington, Beyonce, Taraji and Sanaas in a racist American society that tries to teach you "light is better" smh

I don't think anyone is denying the issues exist, but I don't believe it's a defense to justify Jodie's actions.
Her intentions aren't really clear from what I can tell.

It's possible Jodie could be projecting the colorism and/or anti-black behavior she's implying on black men.
Let's not forget that colorism/swirling is not gender specific. Black women can be guitly of it too.

Addressing these issues means addressing all of it and not just what the men do.
People should be cautious of those only focusing on one side of the argument.

Back