Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Puff Gives All Bad Boy Artists Their Publishing

test
If they sampled it they still owe him a cut no?
Yeah that’s why I said I feel you but that’s not exactly people seeking G dep out

Thats like ppl seeking out Bobby shmurda for hot nigga and not lloyd banks for jackpot

Can't outright blame Diddy but his choices did impact his artists therefore impacting some of their choices. I'm not familiar enough with the gdep situation to say anything tho.
G-Dep tried to rob a dude that was high on dust. The guy wasn't going for it so G-Dep shot him. This was before he got his record deal and he tried to turn himself in two times before but was turned away. One of those times was before he signed. Those who were around said he simply felt guilty. Although is you want some of those old street I interviews, he was clearly on heroin

G-Dep tried to rob a dude that was high on dust. The guy wasn't going for it so G-Dep shot him. This was before he got his record deal and he tried to turn himself in two times before but was turned away. One of those times was before he signed. Those who were around said he simply felt guilty. Although is you want some of those old street I interviews, he was clearly on heroin
That goes to @Elzo69Renaissance point. Maybe if he wasn't down so bad and strung out his thought process would have been different when it came to turning himself in. He was at rock bottom and puff played a big role in that.

Giving the publishing back to them cause you've moved into yet another tax bracket and the combined value of their publishing is inherently worthless to you is beyond fucked up.

I kinda don't understand why Diddy get so much flack for what seemed to be the standard practice in the industry at that time. The record company owned the publishing until ready to sell it. It was never a given that publishing would go back to the artist.

I kinda don't understand why Diddy get so much flack for what seemed to be the standard practice in the industry at that time. The record company owned the publishing until ready to sell it. It was never a given that publishing would go back to the artist.
Dirty business ethics are still dirty business ethics, and the music industry is built off those business ethics. Diddy is just a face we can identify and directly point to the fuckery.

I don't know Lucian grange from a can of paint. If he was outside like that trust he'd be catching just as much flack and more.

Dirty business ethics are still dirty business ethics, and the music industry is built off those business ethics. Diddy is just a face we can identify and directly point to the fuckery.

I don't know Lucian grange from a can of paint. If he was outside like that trust he'd be catching just as much flack and more.
Exactly

And considering his artist have been extremely vocal over the years it only makes sense he would get all of this flack

However, it did lead to one of the funniest moment in Hip Hop history when jadakiss threatened to drop a refrigerator on puff. "The stainless steel double-door joints"

Been saying this shit since day 1. He gave artists the same contracts all new artists get.

But niggas don't know who the CEO of Columbia is or Universal, they only know Puff.

Irv Gotti made a good point for not giving the stuff back to the artist, it's their only income. Artists not sharing that tour money with Puff or all the other label heads

Back