Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Puff Gives All Bad Boy Artists Their Publishing

test
Ima be honest I still dont know what publishing is. Is that basically getting paid every time your song or an interpretation of it is used?

Whats masters then? Which is more important?

The publishing rights refer to rights in a musical composition, words, and music. The master is the original sound recording. The difference is, that a single musical composition (like lyrics) can feature in hundreds of different sound recordings (covers, remixes, etc).

hmmm ok.

so if someone takes a line from one of my songs.. I get paid via publishing. I only get paid via the masters if they use the original recording in their song?

If im understanding this correctly publishing covers more shit than masters 🤔

hmmm ok.

so if someone takes a line from one of my songs.. I get paid via publishing. I only get paid via the masters if they use the original recording in their song?

If im understanding this correctly publishing covers more shit than masters 🤔
Really depends on the artist, their representation, the bop, etc. But if it's my ip I want the rights to it naturally.

This in perpetuity mentality these labels and entertainment companies in general have is nasty.

That's the cost of fame I guess.

This some bucket list shit. I don't like putting that type of energy on ppl, but this is 2023 we talkin bout... Bob Barker couldn't even escape.

G Dep eligible for parole in 2025 so that money would do him nice. ABC using Special Delivery should ensure him a nice payday when he gets out. That shit should stack with ASCAP or BMI until he releases it to a bank account.

G Dep eligible for parole in 2025 so that money would do him nice. ABC using Special Delivery should ensure him a nice payday when he gets out. That shit should stack with ASCAP or BMI until he releases it to a bank account.
Oh he's getting out? Already huh?

"riight"

Oh he's getting out? Already huh?

"riight"

His sentence was 15 to life. He's eligible for parole in 2025 and the mere fact that he turned himself in out of guilt leans heavily in his favor for early release 'cause that shows remorse.

His sentence was 15 to life. He's eligible for parole in 2025 and the mere fact that he turned himself in out of guilt leans heavily in his favor for early release 'cause that shows remorse.

Word. I'm just a hardliner when it comes to taking a life. I don't believe someone can truly be rehabilitated, deserves to be and I don't have any faith in the prison complex to fix more than it probably destroys in a person. But that's another thread entirely.

Word. I'm just a hardliner when it comes to taking a life. I don't believe someone can truly be rehabilitated, deserves to be and I don't have any faith in the prison complex to fix more than it probably destroys in a person. But that's another thread entirely.

Well, he shot dude but didn't know he died for all those years, so it's not like he knew he took a life when he turned himself in.

If he's truly remorseful, and parole is on the table, let him out and allow him to be of service in the community. There's enough murderers out there that have turned it around and become good citizens, so I'd be willing to let him try his hand at it.

After all, this man killed someone. Stabbed him to death which, in my eyes, is far more heinous than shooting someone (unless you're a cop).

charles-s-dutton3.jpg

Well, he shot dude but didn't know he died for all those years, so it's not like he knew he took a life when he turned himself in.

If he's truly remorseful, and parole is on the table, let him out and allow him to be of service in the community. There's enough murderers out there that have turned it around and become good citizens, so I'd be willing to let him try his hand at it.

After all, this man killed someone. Stabbed him to death which, in my eyes, is far more heinous than shooting someone (unless you're a cop).

charles-s-dutton3.jpg
Lol nigga I'm not doing the gun vs knife thing with you.

Whether he knew he took a life or not he pulled the trigger and took it. Unless he was defending himself or his family he can go to hell in my eyes.

I got nothing else for you brother.

Also a couple of former have said Puffy s moms is the one who owns Bad Boy

Prolly put it in her name for liability reasons

Goat is a bit much. Man hasn't done anything successful since the Roc broke up 20 years ago.
I meant music executive when u signed w the Roc they let u keep ur publishing

A lot of them ended yo selling the pub back to the but the goal was for the Roc to let Niggas keep their shit

And that was all Dame s doing

Back