Welcome To aBlackWeb

Proper Party Etiquette Pt 2: Leftovers, Leftovers, Leftovers....

How Much Leftovers You Taking?

• Total voters

Chicity

I'm what the culture feeling
Site Administrator
Simple enough question on being a proper guest.

Let's say the host made/got a gang of food (that you like and eat) and when the shindig over, they say grab something and take it home

You grab something for just one more meal or you stocking up for a few days?

How many plates or boxes are taking to go?

If it gets offered cool, full up a plate but I'm not the type to just be in the kitchen picking and choosing. If it's a family event my momma know what I like anyway. Shoot. I don't even have to be there.

Depends on how well I know the folks. If its family I'll take my first, wait for everyone else and go back as many times as I want. My family is real inconsiderate when it comes to taking food home so its survival of the fittest with them.

If it's a family I don't know I'll tread lightly until an auntie come up and say "baby that's all you want? Take more"

this

Depends on how well I know the folks. If its family I'll take my first, wait for everyone else and go back as many times as I want. My family is real inconsiderate when it comes to taking food home so its survival of the fittest with them.

If it's a family I don't know I'll tread lightly until an auntie come up and say "baby that's all you want? Take more"

This. When I'm at my homie's mom's crib for most holidays, I already know she likes to cook, loves to entertain, and has already bought some of those styrofoam to-go shits because she expects us all to take MAAAAAAD food home. Then other places you can kinda tell it's a one-plate situation.

If I'm doing a family thing I know they gone take some plates I normally don't unless it's something I really like.

Now I got a cousin who will eat a plate there fix another to take with her, her daughter which is 11 will fix one then my cousin will be like I'm fine fix one for your aunt I'm like wtf then on top of all that she'll fix herself another plate to take to work the next day..... man I had to stop her and be like naw auntie should've came if she wanted some food and then I have to tell her let everybody else get some first. So in total she liable to walk out with 4 plates

and then she the type to bring something and if they don't touch she'll take it back home with her. I'm like nahhhhhh leave that.

I dont give away tupperware now. Maybe if it run its course and i was gonna throw it away anyway. But I generally take that back. Talking bout The big tupperware. The food was the gift. Especially glass.
bruh...invest in the chinese store tins.

s-l400.jpg

Back