Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Problematic pregnancy... continue or cancel?

Would you continue with a pregnancy knowing your child would be messed up coming out the womb?

• Total voters
Yes, I went through this with my daughter. I ended up being high risk my whole pregnancy, monitored my whole pregnancy. I wasn’t willing to risk losing her doing an amniocentesis and we risk getting false negatives and positives with further testing/bloodwork.

We declined, my daughter showed characteristics of the defect up until the near very end. She came out completely healthy.

I’d decline again if it happened again.

Yes, I went through this with my daughter. I ended up being high risk my whole pregnancy, monitored my whole pregnancy. I wasn’t willing to risk losing her doing an amniocentesis and we risk getting false negatives and positives with further testing/bloodwork.

We declined, my daughter showed characteristics of the defect up until the near very end. She came out completely healthy.

I’d decline again if it happened again.

Care to share with us the condition she was born with? If you feel comfortable, obviously.

Care to share with us the condition she was born with? If you feel comfortable, obviously.

I said she was healthy lol but bloodwork and ultrasounds showed Trisomy 18. I ended up doing extensive research on the condition. She DID have characteristics too which was super damn scary so that led to us being monitored my whole pregnancy. I could literally make a mini book out of all the ultrasound pictures I have.

Thankfully I had a healthy 7.2 lb baby girl.

I said she was healthy lol but bloodwork and ultrasounds showed Trisomy 18. I ended up doing extensive research on the condition. She DID have characteristics too which was super damn scary so that led to us being monitored my whole pregnancy. I could literally make a mini book out of all the ultrasound pictures I have.

Thankfully I had a healthy 7.2 lb baby girl.

Oh. Yeah, right. My bad. I PROMISE I can read. Lol.

Back