Welcome To aBlackWeb

Prince vs. Michael Jackson Thread

When did i call him a nobody? I could easily find MJ tributes after his death. Wtf was the point of showing me purple lights? Across the whole world for several days the attention was on MJ. My point is the world stopped live coverage shows and aired special report shows for MJ. Prince was mentioned at the top of the news and then they talked about other shit. They dedicated the entire newscast to MJ. Not to mention the network specials days later. They did not do that for Prince.

Nigga either you deaf, blind or dumb or all 3 if you think Prince death was just some 3 minute mention and move on on the news.

Radio across this country wasn't playing Prince like Mike?

BET, MTV wasn't showing Prince videos all day like Mike?

ABC,NBC,CBS ain't have 1 hour long specials for Prince like Mike?

Prince was loved but Michael was idolized.

That's why I posted all them photos of cities honoring Prince. You don't do that shit for people you love, you do it for people you idolized. I don't remember them lighting up shit for David Bowie and he died the same year.

Anyway the debate is not who had the goatest death. The debate is who was the goat period. So tell me why Prince is greater than MJ.

I never said Prince was better. Just ethering ur dumb for acting like Prince was some 3rd or 4th rate artist.

again

----------------------->
NBA Thread is that way chief.

Nigga either you deaf, blind or dumb or all 3 if you think Prince death was just some 3 minute mention and move on on the news.

Radio across this country wasn't playing Prince like Mike?

BET, MTV wasn't showing Prince videos all day like Mike?

ABC,NBC,CBS ain't have 1 hour long specials for Prince like Mike?

That's why I posted all them photos of cities honoring Prince. You don't do that shit for people you love, you do it for people you idolized. I don't remember them lighting up shit for David Bowie and he died the same year.

I never said Prince was better. Just ethering ur dumb for acting like Prince was some 3rd or 4th rate artist.

again

You ain't ethering shit bcuz you are trying to make an argument out of something that is not an argument. MJ's death was a bigger story than the death of Prince. PERIOD.
If you think that Prince got the same coverage as Mike than we are wasting each others time. I still remember asking why the networks were not giving Prince his due. I think Whitney got more coverage than Prince. When Prince died they broke into coverage and went back to regular scheduled programs. When MJ died they broke into coverage and stayed there all day and night. Only stopping for local news and then it was right back to MJ coverage.

Just so you know.

Michael Jackson's death 'second biggest story of century'
Michael Jackson's death is officially the second biggest internet news story of the 21st Century, according to new figures.
coffin-hug_1439014c.jpg

Randy Jackson and Tito Jackson embrace by the side of brother Michael's coffin Photo: GETTY

Only the election of President Barack Obama to the White House eclipsed the the death of the 'King of Pop' at the age of 50, research by Global Language Monitor (GLM) found.

Jackson's death received more coverage than the Iraq War, 9/11 and the global financial meltdown, last year's Beijing Olympics, Hurricane Katrina, the death of Pope John Paul II and the Tsunami.

In the 72 hours after his death, the Jackson story generated twice as much web news as coalition troops entering Iraq did in the same period.

It has also become the ninth biggest story in global print media since the start of 2000, according to GLM.

GLM recorded trends in word usage of the top 5,000 print and electronic media sites worldwide for the study, tracking news stories within the first 72 hours after the event.

The citations for Michael Jackson in the mainstream media numbered in the thousands while his citations on the internet were in the millions.

Paul Payack, president and chief word analyst of GLM, said: "The death of Michael Jackson has resulted in a global media event of the first order.

"The fact that he has broken into the top media of the 21st Century is a testament to the global impact of the man and his music.

"The strength and depth of the global media coverage only adds to his already significant legacy and shows no sign of abetting."

The singer's death was only placed ninth in overall print media coverage, one place behind the death of Pope John Paul II.

Top internet, blogs and social media stories this century:

1 President Obama 2008

2 Michael Jackson's death 2009

3 Iraq invasion 2003

4 Beijing Olymipcs 2008

5 Global financial meltdown 2008

6 Hurricane Katrina 2005

7 Pope John Paul II death 2005

8 9/11 Terrorist Attacks 2001

9 Asian Tsunami 2005

Top mainstream media stories this century:

1 President Obama 2008

2 Hurricane Katrina 2005

3 Global financial meltdown 2008

4 Iraq war 2003

5 9/11 Terrorist Attacks 2001

6 Beijing Olympics 2008

7 Pope John Paul II 2005

8 Asian Tsunami 2005

9 Michael Jackson's death 2009

Source: Global Language Monitor (GLM

Do a google search on these to topics below and tell me i'm wrong about who death was bigger.

news coverage of michael jackson's death
news coverage of prince's death

You suck in all forums kid.

Last edited:
Yeah prince's death talk was over in about 2 or 3 days.....michael Jackson's death talk was still going on for the rest of that year lol....but MJ was the GOAT

You ain't ethering shit bcuz you are trying to make an argument out of something that is not an argument. MJ's death was a bigger story than the death of Prince. PERIOD.
If you think that Prince got the same coverage as Mike than we are wasting each others time. I still remember asking why the networks were not giving Prince his due. I think Whitney got more coverage than Prince. When Prince died they broke into coverage and went back to regular scheduled programs. When MJ died they broke into coverage and stayed there all day and night. Only stopping for local news and then it was right back to MJ coverage.

Just so you know.

Michael Jackson's death 'second biggest story of century'
Michael Jackson's death is officially the second biggest internet news story of the 21st Century, according to new figures.
coffin-hug_1439014c.jpg

Randy Jackson and Tito Jackson embrace by the side of brother Michael's coffin Photo: GETTY

Only the election of President Barack Obama to the White House eclipsed the the death of the 'King of Pop' at the age of 50, research by Global Language Monitor (GLM) found.

Jackson's death received more coverage than the Iraq War, 9/11 and the global financial meltdown, last year's Beijing Olympics, Hurricane Katrina, the death of Pope John Paul II and the Tsunami.

In the 72 hours after his death, the Jackson story generated twice as much web news as coalition troops entering Iraq did in the same period.

It has also become the ninth biggest story in global print media since the start of 2000, according to GLM.

GLM recorded trends in word usage of the top 5,000 print and electronic media sites worldwide for the study, tracking news stories within the first 72 hours after the event.

The citations for Michael Jackson in the mainstream media numbered in the thousands while his citations on the internet were in the millions.

Paul Payack, president and chief word analyst of GLM, said: "The death of Michael Jackson has resulted in a global media event of the first order.

"The fact that he has broken into the top media of the 21st Century is a testament to the global impact of the man and his music.

"The strength and depth of the global media coverage only adds to his already significant legacy and shows no sign of abetting."

The singer's death was only placed ninth in overall print media coverage, one place behind the death of Pope John Paul II.

Top internet, blogs and social media stories this century:

1 President Obama 2008

2 Michael Jackson's death 2009

3 Iraq invasion 2003

4 Beijing Olymipcs 2008

5 Global financial meltdown 2008

6 Hurricane Katrina 2005

7 Pope John Paul II death 2005

8 9/11 Terrorist Attacks 2001

9 Asian Tsunami 2005

Top mainstream media stories this century:

1 President Obama 2008

2 Hurricane Katrina 2005

3 Global financial meltdown 2008

4 Iraq war 2003

5 9/11 Terrorist Attacks 2001

6 Beijing Olympics 2008

7 Pope John Paul II 2005

8 Asian Tsunami 2005

9 Michael Jackson's death 2009

Source: Global Language Monitor (GLM

Do a google search on these to topics below and tell me i'm wrong about who death was bigger.

I don't know where you pulled that website from or why you believe it, but there's no way in hell Michael Jackson's death got more coverage than 9/11.

Think about it.

I don't know where you pulled that website from or why you believe it, but there's no way in hell Michael Jackson's death got more coverage than 9/11.

Think about it.

Gotta C/S this.

9/11 was unprecedented. Channels that didn't carry news of any kind was showing coverage of the situation.

I remember it clear as day.

Think about it.
You think about it. The internet was not as huge in 2001 as it was in 2009. If you read the list further down it shows 9/11 was ranked higher than MJ in the mainstream media.

You think about it. The internet was not as huge in 2001 as it was in 2009. If you read the list further down it shows 9/11 was ranked higher than MJ in the mainstream media.

Thats still nonsense Just the thought of ANY event getting more coverage than 9/11 is preposterous, on the internet or anywhere else.

Thats still nonsense Just the thought of ANY event getting more coverage than 9/11 is preposterous, on the internet or anywhere else.
You are greatly underestimating the growth of the internet since 2001. There was no twitter and facebook back then. Now when something major happens people have the internet in their pocket. People like Kylie Jenner with her millions of followers have the power to drop a companies stock by just spreading her thoughts on a subject while tweeting. Times have changed. Do i believe 9/11 was a bigger story than MJ dying? Of course . Do I believe 9/11 shut down the internet when it happened? No, bcuz the internet was a different landscape back then. It was busy that day on the major news websites but there wasn't up to the second reports and updates like it would be on sites like twitter and facebook. The major tv networks however had all kinda updates.

Last edited:

I never said Prince death was bigger than Mike's you retarded fuck.

I said Prince got crazy love and respect when he did die, while you was acting like he got the Farrah Fawcett treatment.

Oh yeah I did goggle news coverage of prince's death, and came across this.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7341620/prince-death-newspapers-globe

Not bad for just a "star"

I never said Prince death was bigger than Mike's you retarded fuck.

I said Prince got crazy love and respect when he did die, while you was acting like he got the Farrah Fawcett treatment.

Oh yeah I did goggle news coverage of prince's death, and came across this.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7341620/prince-death-newspapers-globe

Not bad for just a "star"

You arguing against the truth just to argue. I'm done talkin about this. Prince is not on MJ's level when it comes to fame and you fuckin know it. Prince is a A list celeb but MJ is a VIP. Quit fighting the truth stupid bitch. You keep saying that i am diminishing Prince for what he was but all i am saying is he is a star compared to a super star. He is an icon compared to a super icon. He is a legend compared to a super legend. He is Nas compared to Jay-Z. Both superior but one is greater than the other. One can sell out arenas while the other can sell out stadiums.

My whole point was if you wanted to know who was goat check out how they were treated after death.

You dumb mothafucka.

Last edited:
You arguing against the truth just to argue. I'm done talkin about this. Prince is not on MJ's level when it comes to fame and you fuckin know it. Prince is a A list celeb but MJ is a VIP. Quit fighting the truth stupid bitch. You keep saying that i am diminishing Prince for what he was but all i am saying is he is a star compared to a super star. He is an icon compared to a super icon. He is a legend compared to a super legend. He is Nas compared to Jay-Z. Both superior but one is greater than the other. One can sell out arenas while the other can sell out stadiums.

My whole point was if you wanted to know who was goat check out how they were treated after death.

You dumb mothafucka.

You'll never win an argument with ad hominem attacks

^Prince embarrassed himself when he fell and tried to murder MJ and his momma after this show.

True story
Prince embarrassed himself when he was doing that magician hypno shit with his hands.

Ole deflection ass nigga

Back