Welcome To aBlackWeb

Prince vs. Michael Jackson Thread

Love Mike & Stevie but my heart belongs to The Purple One.

Crafty_Perfumed_Catbird_size_restricted.gif

I aint gonna cosign this cuz reasons.

But Prince >>> MJ

Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad were Goat albums, but they were all produced by Quincy Jones.

When he stopped working with Q he started dropping duds. Remember The Time was cool and he had a song on the Free Willy Soundtrack called You Are Not Alone that got some play but it seems like he needs a producer to make a 5 mic classic whereas Prince produces his own 5 mic classics and plays every instrument himself. Prince also writes his own lyrics whereas I don't think MJ wrote all the lyrics on Thriller.

MJ is a better dancer than Prince but if we're gonna go there, Crazy Legs from the Rocksteady Crew>>>MJ.

I said all that to say, MJ needs help being The Goat whereas Prince does it all by himself.

They use to simulcast MJ's video debuts across networks. When MJ died the broadcast of his death was live on all networks. They talked about his death throughout the day and night LIVE on many networks. Prince has never been on that level. Mike was an icon. Prince was a star. Doesn't matter who you feel was "better",there can be no doubt who was the GOAT. Michael Jackson.

As an adult I can appreciate princez musical ability and song writing skills more....

But Michael has more songs I consider timeless due to him being the major entrainer of my childhood. His songs were memorized along with dance moves, performances, and videos....

I pick Micheal because of preference and nostalgia....

But if I was an adult in the 80's 90's with the total appreciation I have for music now...... I could totally see me preferring prince.

Still love them both.

Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad were Goat albums, but they were all produced by Quincy Jones.

When he stopped working with Q he started dropping duds. Remember The Time was cool and he had a song on the Free Willy Soundtrack called You Are Not Alone that got some play but it seems like he needs a producer to make a 5 mic classic whereas Prince produces his own 5 mic classics and plays every instrument himself. Prince also writes his own lyrics whereas I don't think MJ wrote all the lyrics on Thriller.

MJ is a better dancer than Prince but if we're gonna go there, Crazy Legs from the Rocksteady Crew>>>MJ.

I said all that to say, MJ needs help being The Goat whereas Prince does it all by himself.
Lol... the song from Free Willy is called "Will You Be There"... "You Are Not Alone" came a bit later...

They use to simulcast MJ's video debuts across networks. When MJ died the broadcast of his death was live on all networks. They talked about his death throughout the day and night LIVE on many networks. Prince has never been on that level. Mike was an icon. Prince was a star. Doesn't matter who you feel was "better",there can be no doubt who was the GOAT. Michael Jackson.

Numerous musicians and cultural figures reacted to Prince's death.[214][215] President Barack Obama mourned him,[216] and the United States Senate passed a resolution praising his achievements "as a musician, composer, innovator, and cultural icon".[217] Cities across the US held tributes and vigils, and lit buildings, bridges, and other venues in purple.[218][219][220] In the first five hours after the media reported his death, "Prince" was the top trending term on Twitter, and Facebook had 61 million Prince-related interactions.[221] MTV interrupted its programming to air a marathon of Prince music videos and Purple Rain.[222] AMC Theatres and Carmike Cinemas screened Purple Rain in select theaters over the following week.[223] Saturday Night Live aired an episode in his honor titled "Goodnight, Sweet Prince", featuring his performances from the show.[224]

Nielsen Music reported an initial sales spike of 42,000 percent.[225] Prince's catalog sold 4.41 million albums and songs from April 21 to 28, with five albums simultaneously in the top ten of the Billboard 200, a first in the chart's history.[226] At the 59th Grammy Awards, Morris Day with the Time and Bruno Mars performed a tribute to him.[227]

In June 2016 Vanity Fair /Condé Nast, released a special edition commemorative magazine, The Genius of Prince. The magazine was a celebration of Prince's life and achievements, with new photography and archive articles, including the original Vanity Fair article from Nov 1984, written in the wake of Prince's breakout success, with other content from Vanity Fair, The New Yorker, Wired, and Pitchfork. The cover of The Genius of Prince featured a portrait by Andy Warhol, Orange Prince (1984).[228][229][230]

FOH acting like Prince death came and went.

Super Bowl THIS year...

Minnapolis-Super-Bowl-halftime-Justin-Timberlake-738x413.jpg

LMAO @ Prince was just a star. Prince is a MF Icon.

Numerous musicians and cultural figures reacted to Prince's death.[214][215] President Barack Obama mourned him,[216] and the United States Senate passed a resolution praising his achievements "as a musician, composer, innovator, and cultural icon".[217] Cities across the US held tributes and vigils, and lit buildings, bridges, and other venues in purple.[218][219][220] In the first five hours after the media reported his death, "Prince" was the top trending term on Twitter, and Facebook had 61 million Prince-related interactions.[221] MTV interrupted its programming to air a marathon of Prince music videos and Purple Rain.[222] AMC Theatres and Carmike Cinemas screened Purple Rain in select theaters over the following week.[223] Saturday Night Live aired an episode in his honor titled "Goodnight, Sweet Prince", featuring his performances from the show.[224]

Nielsen Music reported an initial sales spike of 42,000 percent.[225] Prince's catalog sold 4.41 million albums and songs from April 21 to 28, with five albums simultaneously in the top ten of the Billboard 200, a first in the chart's history.[226] At the 59th Grammy Awards, Morris Day with the Time and Bruno Mars performed a tribute to him.[227]

In June 2016 Vanity Fair /Condé Nast, released a special edition commemorative magazine, The Genius of Prince. The magazine was a celebration of Prince's life and achievements, with new photography and archive articles, including the original Vanity Fair article from Nov 1984, written in the wake of Prince's breakout success, with other content from Vanity Fair, The New Yorker, Wired, and Pitchfork. The cover of The Genius of Prince featured a portrait by Andy Warhol, Orange Prince (1984).[228][229][230]

FOH acting like Prince death came and went.

Super Bowl THIS year...

Minnapolis-Super-Bowl-halftime-Justin-Timberlake-738x413.jpg

LMAO @ Prince was just a star. Prince is a MF Icon.

Nigga the super bowl was in his hometown. Of course they was gonna give Prince some shine. You really comparing Prince trending on twitter & facebook to the day MJ died? LMAO. MJ trended on CBS,NBC,ABC,FOX,CNN etc. all damn day and night, even a couple of days later when some networks had prime time specials about him. People talk about where they were when they heard the news of his death just like they do when they talk about MLK and Kennedy.

You bringin up a spike in record sales? MJ didn't sell a ton of music after he died?

They still honor MJ around the world every Halloween doing that dumb ass thriller dance.

found this after a 5 second internet search.
Here is what happened the day Michael Jackson passed away.

1. The first reports that Jackson had suffered a cardiac arrest, then that he had died, came from TMZ.com, a Los Angeles-based celebrity news website. TMZ published: "Michael Jackson passed away today at the age of 50." The Los Angeles Times website confirmed the report at 2:51 pm PDT. The news spread quickly online, causing websites to slow down and crash from user overload.

2. Google initially believed that the input from millions of people searching for "Michael Jackson" meant that the search engine was under attack. Twitter reported a crash, as did Wikipedia at 3:15 pm.

3. The Wikimedia Foundation reported nearly a million visitors to Jackson’s biography within one hour, probably the most visitors in a one-hour period to any article in Wikipedia’s history.

4. AOL Instant Messenger went down for 40 minutes. AOL called it a "seminal moment in Internet history", adding, "We’ve never seen anything like it in terms of scope or depth.

5. Around 15% of Twitter posts–or 5,000 tweets per minute–reportedly mentioned Jackson after the news broke, compared to the 5% recalled as having mentioned the Iranian elections or the flu pandemic that had made headlines earlier in the year.

6. Overall, web traffic ranged from 11% to at least 20% higher than normal.

7. The British soap opera EastEnders added a last-minute scene, in which one character discussed the news with another, to the June 26 episode.

8. During the same period, the three major U.S. networks’ evening newscasts–ABC’s World News, CBS Evening News, and NBC Nightly News–devoted 34 percent of their broadcast time to him.

9. According to an analysis released by the Global Language Monitor, "72 hours after his death, Jackson jumped to the No. 9 spot for the global print and electronic media. For Internet, blogs and social media, Jackson jumped to the No. 2, only trailing the election of Barack Obama to the presidency of the United States.

10. Michael Okwu of NBC News outside UCLA Medical CenterStatistics published by the Pew Research Center suggested that two out of three Americans believed the coverage of Jackson’s death was excessive, while 3% felt it was insufficient.

I won't even get into hit records or Little Mike with the Jackson 5. Nor will i even bring up how entertainers like Usher,Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, Bruno Mars and Justin Bieber are popular bcuz they jacked MJ's steez.

If Prince was a icon. MJ was a ICON.

Nigga the super bowl was in his hometown. Of course they was gonna give Prince some shine. You really comparing Prince trending on twitter & facebook to the day MJ died? LMAO. MJ trended on CBS,NBC,ABC,FOX,CNN etc. all damn day and night, even a couple of days later when some networks had prime time specials about him. People talk about where they were when they heard the news of his death just like they do when they talk about MLK and Kennedy.

Motherfuka, Prince death wasn't on all them networks all day?

Stick your dumb ass to the NBA thread nigga.

Motherfuka, Prince death wasn't on all them networks all day?

Stick your dumb ass to the NBA thread nigga.
We resorting to name calling now? You acting like i said Prince died and no one cared. I never said that. Yes or no was the death of Prince covered to the same degree as MJ? Prince is not as famous as MJ. Deal with it.

You call me out my name again i will slap you in yo bitch ass mouth with a glittery sock from MJ

Hell yeah. If Mike death coverage was at 100, Prince was at least 90-95.

San Fran

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F68122%2FScreen_Shot_2016-04-21_at_8.25.34_PM.jpg

Boston

201604571a41b3f185c.jpg

New Orleans

650x366

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/prince-purple-lights/

All this for a nobody.

----------------------->
NBA Thread is that way chief.

When did i call him a nobody? I could easily find MJ tributes after his death. Wtf was the point of showing me purple lights? Across the whole world for several days the attention was on MJ. My point is the world stopped live coverage shows and aired special report shows for MJ. Prince was mentioned at the top of the news and then they talked about other shit. They dedicated the entire newscast to MJ. Not to mention the network specials days later. They did not do that for Prince.

Prince was loved but Michael was idolized.

Anyway the debate is not who had the goatest death. The debate is who was the goat period. So tell me why Prince is greater than MJ.

Btw you suck in the nba thread as well as this one.

Back