Welcome To aBlackWeb

Post Your Favorite Scene From A Movie You Enjoy

also this one from The Chronicles of Riddick

df049331c7e650f6f62575daede7ae885b4382ef.gifv

6893065c9869e283d4f9606831ef8339ad1e4b8f.gifv

I remember taking an English literature 102 class and my professor had his students reading and writing at least a 10 page essay on a book named
"Flowers for Algernon." Very good book and I like the movie they did on it called "Charly."
Cliff Robertson won best actor for it
The movie is about a mentally challenged guy named Charly Gordon whose IQ is on autistic levels. He has doctors that want to experiment on him to see if they can cure his autism.

First the doctors use a mice that has a similar problem as Charly. The mice name is Algernon. When they experimented on Algernon they thought it wouldn't work because Algernon showed no progress of solving problems. But as time went on Algernon got smarter and began solving maze problems and stuff. Charly was watching Algernon progress very attentively.

The doctors finally experimented on Charly and he became a genius. As I said before, Charly was watching Algernon progress. Charly started to worry because he saw Algernon revert back to what it once was but worst than before. The doctors were unaware.

It eventually happened to Charly.

In between all that was his interactions with people before and after the experiment.

For example this scene before the experiment. Charly's so called friends belittled him all the time for their enjoyment

Time stamped @8:35

Now check this scene after the experiment.
One of Charly's so called friends tested him again and was dumbfounded on how smart he became.

Time stamped @6:34

It showed me how fake people can be.
So I pay close attention on how folks treat autistic and unpopular people for cool points. It never fails

d6ca1c66c629328bb001863eb87db6de19f8edef.gifv

But this is the scene I really like.
Before Charly reverted back to his autistic ways he left one lasting impression that resonates today.

Time stamped @2:10

😐Are there any, questions?
Did y'all enjoy the film?
🤔Mr Gordon, How do you feel about the present moment about your development?
😐Grateful sir
🤔You are happy about it?
😐Yes
🤔Why?
😏Because it has allowed me to 👀
🤔To see what?
😐The world
🤔And what do you see in that world
😒Well.... My eyes are new doctor. I.......
🤔And what do they see Mr Gordon
😏Things as they are
🤔And?
😏And what they are becoming
🤔Can you give me an example Mr Gordon
🤨No sir, you give me one
😳Very well
😏Very well
🤔Modern Science?
😐Rampant Technology. Conscience by Computer
🤔Modern Art?
😐Dispassionate Draftsman
🤔Foreign Policy?
😐Brave new weapons
🤔Today's youth?
😐Joyless, guildless
🤔Today's Religion?
😐Preachment by Popularity Polls
🤔Standard of living?
😐A TV in every room
😄Education?🤔
🤨A TV in every room!!!!!
🤣The world's future Mr Gordon?🤔
😐Brave new hates, brave new bombs, brave new wars...
🤔The coming generation?
🤨Test tube conception, laboratory birth. TV education. Brave new hates, brave new bombs, brave new wars... A beautifully purposeless process of society suicide..... Any more questions? In the back, any more questions about things as they are and what they're becoming? No? I have a question.😏
Professor Nemur. Charly Gordon.
😰
🤨Come on, professor, you know. Charly Gordon. You know, but you haven't told me. Anybody out there answer the question 'Charly Gordon'? Anyone in the back answer the question 'Charly Gordon'? No? Well, I'm disappointed in you, doctors. You're not very smart. You're not even as smart as a mouse. Because he knows. Algernon showed me. The answer to the question, 'Charly Gordon' is: Charly Gordon is a fellow who will very shortly be what he used to be.

I love that scene yo. Love it

But the most important quote to me in this film is this

" I was wondering why the people who would never dream of laughing at a blind or a crippled man would laugh at a moron?​

Last edited:
I remember taking an English literature 102 class and my professor had his students reading and writing at least a 10 page essay on a book named
"Flowers for Algernon." Very good book and I like the movie they did on it called "Charly."
Cliff Robertson won best actor for it
The movie is about a mentally challenged guy named Charly Gordon whose IQ is on autistic levels. He has doctors that want to experiment on him to see if they can cure his autism.

First the doctors use a mice that has a similar problem as Charly. The mice name is Algernon. When they experimented on Algernon they thought it wouldn't work because Algernon showed no progress of solving problems. But as time went on Algernon got smarter and began solving maze problems and stuff. Charly was watching Algernon progress very attentively.

The doctors finally experimented on Charly and he became a genius. As I said before, Charly was watching Algernon progress. Charly started to worry because he saw Algernon revert back to what it once was but worst than before. The doctors were unaware.

It eventually happened to Charly.

In between all that was his interactions with people before and after the experiment.

For example this scene before the experiment. Charly's so called friends belittled him all the time for their enjoyment

Time stamped @8:35

Now check this scene after the experiment.
One of Charly's so called friends tested him again and was dumbfounded on how smart he became.

Time stamped @6:34

It showed me how fake people can be.
So I pay close attention on how folks treat autistic and unpopular people for cool points. It never fails

d6ca1c66c629328bb001863eb87db6de19f8edef.gifv

But this is the scene I really like.
Before Charly reverted back to his autistic ways he left one lasting impression that resonates today.

Time stamped @2:10

😐Are there any, questions?
Did y'all enjoy the film?
🤔Mr Gordon, How do you feel about the present moment about your development?
😐Grateful sir
🤔You are happy about it?
😐Yes
🤔Why?
😏Because it has allowed me to 👀
🤔To see what?
😐The world
🤔And what do you see in that world
😒Well.... My eyes are new doctor. I.......
🤔And what do they see Mr Gordon
😏Things as they are
🤔And?
😏And what they are becoming
🤔Can you give me an example Mr Gordon
🤨No sir, you give me one
😳Very well
😏Very well
🤔Modern Science?
😐Rampant Technology. Conscience by Computer
🤔Modern Art?
😐Dispassionate Draftsman
🤔Foreign Policy?
😐Brave new weapons
🤔Today's youth?
😐Joyless, guildless
🤔Today's Religion?
😐Preachment by Popularity Polls
🤔Standard of living?
😐A TV in every room
😄Education?🤔
🤨A TV in every room!!!!!
🤣The world's future Mr Gordon?🤔
😐Brave new hates, brave new bombs, brave new wars...
🤔The coming generation?
🤨Test tube conception, laboratory birth. TV education. Brave new hates, brave new bombs, brave new wars... A beautifully purposeless process of society suicide..... Any more questions? In the back, any more questions about things as they are and what they're becoming? No? I have a question.😏
Professor Nemur. Charly Gordon.
😰
🤨Come on, professor, you know. Charly Gordon. You know, but you haven't told me. Anybody out there answer the question 'Charly Gordon'? Anyone in the back answer the question 'Charly Gordon'? No? Well, I'm disappointed in you, doctors. You're not very smart. You're not even as smart as a mouse. Because he knows. Algernon showed me. The answer to the question, 'Charly Gordon' is: Charly Gordon is a fellow who will very shortly be what he used to be.

I love that scene yo. Love it

But the most important quote to me in this film is this

" I was wondering why the people who would never dream of laughing at a blind or a crippled man would laugh at a moron?​

Damn, I actually remember this movie. Can't remember if it was CBS or ABC, but back in the 70's they used to play movies during the week days after the "stories" and this was one of them (along with Ben, all the Godzilla flicks, and a grip of others)

😏You got a smoke?
👮‍♂️The United States is a no smoking nation
ae9e8cee78c107595f12e7dd35ea6dc64ded5fa9.gifv

👮‍♂️No guns, no foul language, no red meat
😏Land of the free

c55e8282581d778b5e8c3575bcff0c93848d5e18.jpg

👮‍♂️So what are you gonna do?
😏 Disappear
074bad94c8d46ed9e5f0d5ca5583ffb911d732b2.gifv

ff146b4dee3e49d8d3c471a2f63d1425d85bd9a4.gifv

Last edited:
Went looking for these clips... Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I'mma hafta watch this shit again. This scene is somehow funnier now that it was when I was a kid.

"Yo Sun
As in Solar
Simply
Because we are
We be
The rising stars and suns
That never Set
Word up jack
Wanna make a bet black?
I got Da formula
Throw me in the sky
And I'll warm ya
Get ya sunblock
Throw me in a cell block

Indeed I got the science you need
Lessons more ancient than Greece
Apollo never my creed
My creed
Obatala
Will battle ya
So bring ya troops if you wanna
Satellites in the sky
Some selling clouds in the corner
But we living 4 The Land
From the soil 2 the sand
And the water in the sea
Be the essence of me
If you ain't ready 4 the fruit
Then put it back on the tree.....

"Yo Sun
As in Solar
Simply
Because we are
We be
The rising stars and suns
That never Set
Word up jack
Wanna make a bet black?
I got Da formula
Throw me in the sky
And I'll warm ya
Get ya sunblock
Throw me in a cell block

Indeed I got the science you need
Lessons more ancient than Greece
Apollo never my creed
My creed
Obatala
Will battle ya
So bring ya troops if you wanna
Satellites in the sky
Some selling clouds in the corner
But we living 4 The Land
From the soil 2 the sand
And the water in the sea
Be the essence of me
If you ain't ready 4 the fruit
Then put it back on the tree.....

I love this damn movie. Haven't seen it in years

This scene reminds me of my friends that I grew up with back in the 90s sittin on the stoop having cyphers.....
Love this scene yo
Brooklyn Summer nights was iLLest
Word
Those were the dayz yo

🤔What do yall wanna be someday?
😃🤔Heyyyy mannnnn.

I wanna be the Captain, of the Queen Mary mannn.
Hey mann.
Ima sail that bad boy around the world man yeahhhh
And I
I aint coming back man so I can sail that badboy down on Jefferson Avenue man
Yeahhh that's what ima do man😁
😑man you can't do that. That mother is 20 blocks long and half as wide. You couldn't fit that mother with a crowbar. I know I seen it.
🤨yes I can mannnn. Aye man yes I can. Aye I'm the Captain man, yes I can.
🙂you the Captain crazy. You the Captain bro.....
I'm gonna find me a plane.... and I'm gon fly highhhhh above everything. I'm gon fly straight to the sun ..... straight to the 🌞
Ima go some place where nobody can touch me... pass the sun.... nobody😥
🤔you know what. What I was thinking of, what I was just dreaming right now. I wanna be called "Little Joe Dancer." The greatest dancer that ever lived through history.
Ima dress so fine, ima make the tall people, looked liked they never had clothes.
Ima make the fat people clothes never fit them.
I'm gon be the greatest
My feet gon move so fast, just like the lightning breeze.
The greatest
My clothes gon be shining
My feet gon be moving
And the women gon be saying
"Joe Dancer Joe Dancer, the Greatest Dancer."
That's what I wanna be
Who knows, I might be even a pimp
Who knows, a pimp. That's what I'm gonna be

Back