Welcome To aBlackWeb

Post Songs That Made U A Fan Of An Artist

I just said that because it was my first time hearing even though I been heard about it.

Wale is so up and down to me. I think he can be a hell of a rapper. What I don't like about Wale is on plenty of songs the nigga is really reciting a poem like he apart of the Love Jones movie cast just over a beat. That shit makes him sound choppy as hell and I can't stand that shit. But when he is rapping and just flowing the nigga says some really good shit.
agreed 1000%

^^^ This was it for me. I knew of Sade's first three albums 'cause my moms would drop tracks every now and then on her radio show and the album Stronger Than Pride was kinda big when I was in high school. But this song right here??? A bruh fucked with it heavy.

First time I heard it I was driving from Detroit to Saginaw out Dixie Highway and somewhere near Mt Holly the song came on. Shit set an amazing vibe while I was driving and I grabbed a pen and notepad out my glovebox and wrote the song info down. Bought the single as soon as I got to Saginaw.

surprised 5grand didnt come in here dropping sugar hill gang "rapper's delight"

old ass

I never fucked with Lil B until I heard this joint.

Then this one came on next:

I had to go back and give dude another chance. He still got some shit I don't fuck with though.

Always though dude was trash based on the shit I had heard on the radio. This was the first joint I heard off Mac Miller's "Best Day Ever" mixtape. A few heads told me to check dude out and when this mixtape dropped I downloaded it. When I listen to mixtapes I pick songs to start with at random and when I saw Phonte's name attached to it I played it.

Dude was surprisingly dope.

so you wait....what...3 cole albums before you became a fan?

legit question

wale has grown so much as an artist since Nike Boots imo...and sometimes its to his detriment

i posted the song b/c that's what got me intrigued about him, but the song hasnt aged well only b/c i've listened to him go tf off on shit after that

This joint right here brought me all the way on board

To be honest, I can't really think of anything. I have to hear more than one good song from an artist to be a fan. Like I can hear a song with an open mind and want to an artist, but they have to be able to deliver consistent quality for me to be a fan.

For example, I heard this:

and decided to check Wiz out. After listening to Kush and OJ, I decided he was ok, but his subject matter was way too limited for me to be a fan.

On the flip side, I heard this:

and had to check out Kendrick. I listened to Good Kid Mad City and was hooked on his music after that.

I wish we could get wale to do an album like he does his mixtapes
Zackly

If his studios were as good as his mixtapes

man bruh would be a problem

his A&R need to do reverse psychology on the nigga or something..

they need to tell him its a mixtape and then package that bitch up for the official release at the last minute lol

so you wait....what...3 cole albums before you became a fan?

legit question

Yeah. First couple of joints I heard I didn't like so I wrote dude off completely.

Then he pops up on this joint with Royce and the very next joint YT auto played was False Prophets and I fucked with it.

Back