Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Post An Unnecessary Scene In A Film

test
It doesn’t matter if I agree that’s the point. It’s all subjective. Theres literally no wrong answers here lol.

To the example you posted yes, the scene could be removed and nothing would be lost from the story.
Ok brother

not a movie.....

but the whole male rape scene in the 1st season of Snowfall when Franklin and Leon went to go get that money back

that could've been handled an entire diff way and they still could've gotten the point across😬

not a movie.....

but the whole male rape scene in the 1st season of Snowfall when Franklin and Leon went to go get that money back

that could've been handled an entire diff way and they still could've gotten the point across😬
Also not a movie. Striking Vipers episode of Black Mirror...

I think I understand the division of the topic now

I'll see myself out

Good example here.

not a movie.....

Some people think an unnecessary scene is one that serves no narrative purpose and could be removed without really affecting the story. Others seem to take unnecessary to mean that the scene was executed in a way that was needlessly over-the-top. I guess either interpretation could work and the TC didn't specify what he meant, so whatever I guess...

not a movie.....

The actual rape?

Cause that scene pays off later in the series

Corny doesn't mean unnecessary and I don't understand your gripe but that's something I'll have to deal with

The "girl power" moment did nothing to move the plot forward or even the action for that matter. It was an obvious Disney pandering moment that is just odd given the gravity of the moment at hand.

The "girl power" moment did nothing to move the plot forward or even the action for that matter. It was an obvious Disney pandering moment that is just odd given the gravity of the moment at hand.

lol bruh you gonna start sounding like white nerds whenever they see somebody not a white make playing a role. Folks get mad about pandering but it exists for a reason.

This shit from The Matrix (bookmarked at the appropriate time).

Having Trinity profess her love for Neo with ZERO lead-up to it could have been completely left out. It should have just been a lil motivational speech and "NOW GET UP" and it would have probably been a better scene.

The actual rape?

Cause that scene pays off later in the series
how so?

cuz the show was still impactful without that unnecessary side mission

there was no need for cuzzo to rape dude to find the money.......just seem like they were trying to put extra shock value in the show for no reason

nothing materially would've changed in the story if dude just got tortured a diff way instead of being raped:pause:

lol bruh you gonna start sounding like white nerds whenever they see somebody not a white make playing a role. Folks get mad about pandering but it exists for a reason.

Bruh, the shit was completely unnecessary. Everybody fighting for the fate of the universe for a second time but this time it's EVERYBODY-everybody, including Howard the fucking Duck (but not The Defenders, Inhumans, and The Punisher, despite the fact that they technically exist in the MCU but I digress). You got Thanos's hordes charging relentlessly at EVERYONE but somehow these broads manage stop all the OTHER fighting they were doing to come together out of fucking nowhere to "protect" Captain Marvel as she flies the gauntlet to the van???

FOH. They should have been entirely too busy fighting wherever the fuck they were at before Danvers got the gauntlet from Parker.

Back