Welcome To aBlackWeb

Police execute Breonna Taylor in her own home

I was just coming in here to ask if y'all had been hearing that shit about her messing with drug dealers.

shit don't make no kinda sense

I was just coming in here to ask if y'all had been hearing that shit about her messing with drug dealers.

shit don't make no kinda sense
Yeah she had an ex drug dealer boyfriend who supposedly rented a house on Elliot ave where A LOT of drug activity goes on. Hell the mayor was involved in this revitalization project of that area because it is real bad. And they are saying that the city was wanting to get those houses on that block and that's why they were going so hard with all the warrants and breonna ended up a victim because the city wanted those houses on Elliot by any means necessary

Yeah she had an ex drug dealer boyfriend who supposedly rented a house on Elliot ave where A LOT of drug activity goes on. Hell the mayor was involved in this revitalization project of that area because it is real bad. And they are saying that the city was wanting to get those houses on that block and that's why they were going so hard with all the warrants and breonna ended up a victim because the city wanted those houses on Elliot by any means necessary
Finally an explanation i can buy

This still treading tin foil hat territory for me

Finally an explanation i can buy
Conspiracy theory

Expect this isnt a conspiracy theory or tin foil hat shit. Its an actual occurrence thats documented with research.

In this podcast it starts with them talking about HGTV promoting gentrifying to white people and them always sayings they're "saving a neighborhood". But towards the middle (go to the 33:20 min mark on podcast) they dive into exactly what the people I quoted are talking about. They also cite studies that show neighborhoods that are about to gentrified or want to be, all of a sudden police presence and arrests and ramped up to help "clean up" aka clear out the neighborhood for developers and this happens often.
If research on this done by professors is conspiracy theories then idk what to tell you.

episode description
The popularity of HGTV house-flipping TV shows can’t be overstated: In the second week of July, HGTV was the fourth highest rated cable network, behind only Fox News, MSNBC and CNN, making it the highest rated entertainment network in the United States. Its most prominent programming: the reliable, risk free formula of home flipping shows. All of these shows—Flip or Flop and its many regional spinoffs, Good Bones, Flipping 101, to name just a few—share a basic formula: house-flippers, usually a family business in the form of a husband and wife team or parent and child with a folksy rapport, buy a neglected house on the cheap—cue zoom-ins on mold, water damage, decaying wood, dust and dead bugs—that’s often in a relatively poor or gentrifying neighborhood.

They then turn it into something they describe as "beautiful", to be sold at a much higher price to, most likely, young white people looking for a "funky" home in an "up-and-coming" neighborhood. But at what cost do these glossy, get-rich-quick reality shows entertain us? What ideologies do they promote, and how do they erase the working class black and brown families whose housing was condemned, and communities were systemically neglected, before the camera’s even began rolling?

On this episode—our Season 3 finale—we take a look at these shows to understand how and why HGTV became a glorified commercial for house-flipping and gentrification, examining its indifference to housing instability and its dead-eyed cheerleading of “middle-class” bourgeois aspirationalism, no matter the social cost.

Our guests are culture writer Ann-Derrick Gaillot and Atlanta-based community organizer Kamau Franklin.

Breonna's murder is definitely linked to gentrification. Some say Nipseys murder is too but abw niggas don't wanna hear it and are content with thinking it was just random gang violence. They're building a new football stadium in LA and Nip was in the way, buying up the property they want....

Even in the 90s movie "who's the man" they showed how people will go as far as murdering property owners to get them out of the way to gentrify.

I believe all this shit goes deeper than the surface

Conspiracy theory

I live here in the ville hence the name and theirs numerous articles. Gtfoh with that conspiracy theory bullshit. I'm in these streets blood. It's called the Russell neighborhood revitalization. They trying to move us out the west. They already gentrified downtown by tearing down two projects and they are revitalizing beecher terrace projects that are west of ninth and building a state of the art track center in the hood. If you don't live here don't talk on shit you don't know

Last edited:
I live here in the ville hence the name and theirs numerous articles. Gtfoh with that conspiracy theory bullshit. I'm in these streets blood. It's called the Russell neighborhood revitalization. They trying to move us out the west. They already gentrified downtown by tearing down two projects and they are revitalizing beefier terrace projects that are west of ninth and building a state of the art track center in the hood. If you don't live here don't talk on shit you don't know
Ok man, didn't mean to upset you

Breonna's murder is definitely linked to gentrification. Some say Nipseys murder is too but abw niggas don't wanna hear it and are content with thinking it was just random gang violence. They're building a new football stadium in LA and Nip was in the way, buying up the property they want....

Even in the 90s movie "who's the man" they showed how people will go as far as murdering property owners to get them out of the way to gentrify.

I believe all this shit goes deeper than the surface

The stadium is in Inglewood and construction began on that stadium in late 2016. It was scheduled to open last year but was delayed until this year. Nip was not in the way of that stadium at all.

Back