Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Plot Twist: Native American Group Wants Redskins Name Brought Back

test

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
The name of the football team playing in Washington D.C. is once again under question.

A group called the Native American Guardian’s Association (NAGA) is demanding the Washington Commanders change their name back to the Redskins, organizing support for the name reversal with a petition that has gained more than 90,000 signatures.

“We invite all Americans to stand up for the dignity of EVERY AMERICAN under assault in today’s increasingly nonsensical culture wars,” the petition says.

“This ‘LINE IN THE SAND’ moment reinforces undeniable history of the NATIVE AMERICAN assisting the FOUNDING OF AMERICA, with NATIVE AMERICAN principles used by the FOUNDING FATHERS in the US Constitution – and, EVERY AMERICAN’s right to the 1st and 14th Amendment and not to be targets of cancel culture or ESG.

“This is not a simple left or right issue for Americans; it reaches across the political spectrum dating back to our

Full Story: https://nypost.com/2023/08/14/native-americans-calls-for-commanders-name-change-to-redskins/

The name of the football team playing in Washington D.C. is once again under question.

A group called the Native American Guardian’s Association (NAGA) is demanding the Washington Commanders change their name back to the Redskins, organizing support for the name reversal with a petition that has gained more than 90,000 signatures.

“We invite all Americans to stand up for the dignity of EVERY AMERICAN under assault in today’s increasingly nonsensical culture wars,” the petition says.

“This ‘LINE IN THE SAND’ moment reinforces undeniable history of the NATIVE AMERICAN assisting the FOUNDING OF AMERICA, with NATIVE AMERICAN principles used by the FOUNDING FATHERS in the US Constitution – and, EVERY AMERICAN’s right to the 1st and 14th Amendment and not to be targets of cancel culture or ESG.

“This is not a simple left or right issue for Americans; it reaches across the political spectrum dating back to our

Full Story: https://nypost.com/2023/08/14/native-americans-calls-for-commanders-name-change-to-redskins/

NAGA?! Maaan how many these folks are legit.

And Natives already found it they didn’t assist
Bet they pass for white

I might have a question or two about some of these folks.

I might have a question or two about some of these folks.
44bf958e4c63e103ce2645ae9f27319e--afrika-bambaataa-music-life.jpg

Shit try living in Grand Forks, ND when the University of North Dakota was doing away with the name “fighting Sioux”. I’ve already heard it all. And yes there were people saying “the Sioux were silenced, they wanted the name to stay”

But WHITE Folks spent years trying to…
View attachment 1156172
You know what never mind

fixed.

We had a similar thing happen back inna day with EMU. Used to be The Hurons, named after the Huron tribe of the Wyandot people. White folks "took offense" to the name and fought to change it along with every other school name with Native origins. The school changed it despite protests against it. There was even a committee that reached out to the leader of the Wyandot, Chief Leaford Bearskin and the former Grand Chief of the Huron-Wendat Nation Max Gros-Louis to keep it as The Hurons but it was ignored.

CMU still calls themselves the Chippewas, 'cause that school is in the heart of Chippewa country and has the blessing of the tribe itself. Can't really be offended if the tribe doesn't find it offensive.

Now, having said that, I 100% understand getting rid of Chief Wahoo from the Cleveland Indians as a mascot, the shit is like having Sambo as a mascot.

From what I understand, a number of Natives polled didn't have a problem with the team using the name "Redskins" or it's mascot. Personally, I'm torn on it 'cause "Redskin" is akin to "darkie" as a slang/slurs go, but the logo was actually tastefully done, similar to the old EMU Huron logo.

Back