Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION PlayStation 5

that vr shit was a fad im glad is passing into obscurity.. just like 3d

It wasn't a fad. VR is legit and you can get experiences from VR that aren't possible with regular gaming. It was just hard to convey that to people and many weren't trying to buy a peripheral that cost almost as much as the console. I get that. I never understood the VR haters though. Like if it doesn't interest you cool, but why are you so invested in it failing? That doesn't make sense to me. Niggas really on some "I don't want anybody to enjoy something I don't enjoy" type shit. lol

It wasn't a fad. VR is legit and you can get experiences from VR that aren't possible with regular gaming. It was just hard to convey that to people and many weren't trying to buy a peripheral that cost almost as much as the console. I get that. I never understood the VR haters though. Like if it doesn't interest you cool, but why are you so invested in it failing? That doesn't make sense to me. Niggas really on some "I don't want anybody to enjoy something I don't enjoy" type shit. lol

Ate you talking about PSVR or VR in general?

VR in its current iteration isnt for me. I think it has potential, but right now.. it's not quite there(for me)

VR in its current iteration isnt for me. I think it has potential, but right now.. it's not quite there(for me)

I get that. Unfortunately, if it's just dismissed as a gimmick or fad, companies will stop investing in the tech and it won't progress as quickly. As someone who had the PSVR and has the PSVR2, I can tell you the jumps we see in VR iterations now are comparable to the jumps we used to see between console generations. I don't think we're that far from having decent VR in a form factor similar to the smart glasses some companies are pushing out now, but they have to keep pushing to get it there.

qJB6dd8b6VmRjZtaXEUhQG-650-80.jpg.webp

I was worried about support for the PSVR2 which is why I never got it

Yeah, that's understandable. I think Sony has pretty much cut their development for it. that doesn't mean it won't get any new games. Since Meta and PCVR are still pretty active, developers can still port games over to the PSVR2. But hopes for PSVR2 exclusives or PSVR2 add-ons to normal PS5 exclusives is pretty much dead.

All that said, there are some pretty good games on the system all ready. If you can find a unit at a low price, it actually wouldn't be a bad pickup. I still play Pistol Whip at least once a week to this day and I've had that game since launch.

Yeah, that's understandable. I think Sony has pretty much cut their development for it. that doesn't mean it won't get any new games. Since Meta and PCVR are still pretty active, developers can still port games over to the PSVR2. But hopes for PSVR2 exclusives or PSVR2 add-ons to normal PS5 exclusives is pretty much dead.

All that said, there are some pretty good games on the system all ready. If you can find a unit at a low price, it actually wouldn't be a bad pickup. I still play Pistol Whip at least once a week to this day and I've had that game since launch.
I forgot it came out early last year. Probably have to wait awhile for a price drop

Back