Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION PlayStation 5

Lol ayo damn but real talk it would be dope to get black game creators together with some money to make games.

I'd hate to be a creator of any kind. You really can't win in today's climate. On one side, they are being accused of trying to cater to wokeness by simply having a black, potentially gay, protagonist. On the other side, they are getting bashed because their main character is too stereotypical. That shit is stupid.

The thing that I find annoying though is that we'll say "They need some black creators or people in the room," which I agree with. I want black representation in the creative process. However, when we get those black people there, they make the same stereotypical characters, they've just traditionally used words like soul, flava, or swag to describe them instead of Hip Hoppy.

Also, notice all those tweets are from nonblack people. These liberals love being offended on behalf of someone else.

I'd hate to be a creator of any kind. You really can't win in today's climate. On one side, they are being accused of trying to cater to wokeness by simply having a black, potentially gay, protagonist. On the other side, they are getting bashed because their main character is too stereotypical. That shit is stupid.

The thing that I find annoying though is that we'll say "They need some black creators or people in the room," which I agree with. I want black representation in the creative process. However, when we get those black people there, they make the same stereotypical characters, they've just traditionally used words like soul, flava, or swag to describe them instead of Hip Hoppy.

Also, notice all those tweets are from nonblack people. These liberals love being offended on behalf of someone else.

well I mean people complain regardless bro and people complain about other people complaining we all do it. It’s different when somebody from the same group makes stereotypical characters Abd it’s most times no where near as offensive. And yes minorities have a right to be offended by outsiders not doing good enough. Because it used to be just being included was enough but these creators and companies have resources to know better but they are mostly white and don’t care.

And yes saying somebody walk hip hoppy is weird as hell.

well I mean people complain regardless bro and people complain about other people complaining we all do it. It’s different when somebody from the same group makes stereotypical characters Abd it’s most times no where near as offensive. And yes minorities have a right to be offended by outsiders not doing good enough. Because it used to be just being included was enough but these creators and companies have resources to know better but they are mostly white and don’t care.

And yes saying somebody walk hip hoppy is weird as hell.

Are the creators white though? This is a S-E game, so I'm assuming it is being produced by Japanese people, who don't necessarily have the same pool of black people to bring in that creators in the U.S. have. And I agree that inclusion alone isn't good enough, but this is a black woman main character in a jRPG. I'm pretty sure that's unprecedented. I mean Barrett and Sazh are the only important black characters I can think of in any of S-E's games. I'm sure there are more, but I doubt the number is higher than 5. Black people barely exist in most of those fantasy worlds, and it seems this game has us represented throughout the game not just the main character. So, when developers make that kinda jump in inclusion, I think you can give them a bit of a break and not complain for complaining sake.

Like people literally faulting them because they made the character mad. Like yeah, I know "mad black woman" is a stereotype, but this chick has basically been transported to and trapped in another world against her will. Isn't that a set of circumstances where it might be fair for someone to be mad regardless of race?

All I'm saying is that we can't complain about wanting inclusion and then aggressively nitpick every attempt these companies make at inclusion. Healthy criticism is good, but damn, people go overboard with this shit.

Are the creators white though? This is a S-E game, so I'm assuming it is being produced by Japanese people, who don't necessarily have the same pool of black people to bring in that creators in the U.S. have. And I agree that inclusion alone isn't good enough, but this is a black woman main character in a jRPG. I'm pretty sure that's unprecedented. I mean Barrett and Sazh are the only important black characters I can think of in any of S-E's games. I'm sure there are more, but I doubt the number is higher than 5. Black people barely exist in most of those fantasy worlds, and it seems this game has us represented throughout the game not just the main character. So, when developers make that kinda jump in inclusion, I think you can give them a bit of a break and not complain for complaining sake.

Like people literally faulting them because they made the character mad. Like yeah, I know "mad black woman" is a stereotype, but this chick has basically been transported to and trapped in another world against her will. Isn't that a set of circumstances where it might be fair for someone to be mad regardless of race?

All I'm saying is that we can't complain about wanting inclusion and then aggressively nitpick every attempt these companies make at inclusion. Healthy criticism is good, but damn, people go overboard with this shit.
Is gross sstereotyping whike being including nitlicking... also fuck inclusion that means your are swallowed up into the same ecosystem.. access and creative control >

Is gross sstereotyping whike being including nitlicking... also fuck inclusion that means your are swallowed up into the same ecosystem.. access and creative control >

No, but I don't know that what they are talking about is gross stereotyping. They are saying she's angry, but it seems like the premise of the story would call for some anger from the main character. They are saying she has slipped through society's cracks. That's a common trope in these fantasy stories and feeling like that isn't exactly limited to black people particularly among the age group that she supposedly belongs. To me she doesn't even sound like a stereotypical angry or ghetto black girl. She sounds more like the typical Hollywood "black chick in the group" more than anything. Check out the trailers and let me know if I'm off the mark on that.

As a person who had an Xbox and had to deal with Halo and Gears of War they can get the foh. Ghost of Tsushima and Final Fantasy sold me early

That Martin face was my face. She had asked for it last year but the bs of finding one. She ain’t put it on her list so I was like she probably don’t want it. Soon as she seen mine her list changed. Said 3d printer is wack. I kinda knew tho I just knew lol

Back