Welcome To aBlackWeb

People are upset about this Druski skit

What are ppl mad about? Isn't the skit calling out the typa dudes he's portraying?

What are ppl mad about? Isn't the skit calling out the typa dudes he's portraying?

Well this is an interesting case study then. Because I wandered into this thread without hearing anything about this or the controversy or whatever else. Just watched it cold. And the shit definitely made me uncomfortable. I didn't at all get that he was calling out those types of niggas.

But, that makes me feel like maybe I SHOULD have gotten that and maybe he WAS calling out those types of niggas. Because I've seen other skits from homie and all those clearly come across to me as him calling out certain types of niggas. That seems to be his schtick.

So maybe I'm hyper-sensitive to shit like that.

Or maybe the skit just didn't get across that he was calling them niggas out as much as he intended.

Or maybe he wasn't calling them niggas out at all.

I dunno. Pretty interesting though.

Well this is an interesting case study then. Because I wandered into this thread without hearing anything about this or the controversy or whatever else. Just watched it cold. And the shit definitely made me uncomfortable. I didn't at all get that he was calling out those types of niggas.

But, that makes me feel like maybe I SHOULD have gotten that and maybe he WAS calling out those types of niggas. Because I've seen other skits from homie and all those clearly come across to me as him calling out certain types of niggas. That seems to be his schtick.

So maybe I'm hyper-sensitive to shit like that.

Or maybe the skit just didn't get across that he was calling them niggas out as much as he intended.

Or maybe he wasn't calling them niggas out at all.

I dunno. Pretty interesting though.
So did I. I didnt get what I was supposed get from it after watching it then I seen the original caption said "the dude that tries too hard to get girls drunk" or something like that. And I was like "oh"....

I thought we were all "in" on the guy being creepy and doin too much tho so that's where I was confused by ppl being mad about it. Cuz it's not at all acting like that shit is ok.

I'm confused by the video. I'm not really sure what the intent was. It's not funny, and there doesn't seem to be any effort to make any commentary on the issue its supposedly addressing.

I also don't like the fact that people are automatically typing it to rape. Dude in the video was heavy handed with the coercion, but women have agency right? It might be scummy for dudes to plot on women that way, but that shouldn't be seen as rape.

Reactions: GNS
I also don't like the fact that people are automatically typing it to rape. Dude in the video was heavy handed with the coercion, but women have agency right? It might be scummy for dudes to plot on women that way, but that shouldn't be seen as rape.
"Scummy" seems too light of an adjective for that kind of behavior, man. That shit is predatory and the kind of behavior worthy to cut ties over.

Without context it looks gross. Messed up thing is there's people that even with the context provided will go out of their way to skew the message and push whatever agenda they have. Dirty game.

It seemed like a precautionary tale to me, that was dope for him highlight that shit cause I’ve seen it so many times

Or are people accusing him of dry snitching? I would think the ladies would appreciate him putting them on game

"Scummy" seems too light of an adjective for that kind of behavior, man. That shit is predatory and the kind of behavior worthy to cut ties over.

I don't know. You can pick a stronger term if you want. I just think it's too far to call it rape. The practice of using alcohol as a means of getting sex from a chick is predatory, but women understand the effects of alcohol just as well as men do and also understand what can happen if they partake in it, so they can't claim that a scenario like what happened in that video occurred against their will.

Reactions: GNS
Lol @ how people feel like every issue has to be framed absolutely perfectly to not get mad

Because the initial video he posted with the title "That one friend who tries to get the girls overly drunk😂" and it was the laughing emoji that made alot think he wasn't turning this into a psa. That's what set people off more than the actual video itself

If you pay close attention to the video you'll see that he isn't making light of rape at all. What he's doing is using his medium which is comedy to highlight a real life situation that people in fact do try to make light of which is rape culture.

The fact that comedy is his schtick is probably what throws people off but the character that he is portraying in the video is a real life character. Most of us have been around those types of dudes and to be completely honest hey do act almost exactly like the way Druski is acting in the video.

Back