Welcome To aBlackWeb

Overused Phrases That Need To Die ASAP

"DMV"

just shows me that I'm old cuz I still can't wrap my head around trying to legitimately claim 3 separate areas as 1

1st off it sounds dumb cuz that's a place u go to get ur driver's license

plus no other areas do this

imagine somebody saying they are from the "TLO" (texas, louisiana, oklahoma)

or from the "MAG" (Miss, Ala, Georgia)

shit will be forever corny to me

"DMV"

just shows me that I'm old cuz I still can't wrap my head around trying to legitimately claim 3 separate areas as 1

Wasn't the whole thing that they are so close to each other that you can literally visit all three in the span of a short time?

I honestly don't know

"DMV"

Actually there’s a city in Texas called Texarkana. Which resembles Texas Arkansas and Louisiana cause it’s on the border of all three.

The two that immediately come to mind are

“So that’s the hill you wanna die on?” It was probably clever the first time somebody said it, but it’s tired at this point and too melodramatic for most discussions.

“Better have that same energy” Another one niggas ran into the ground.

Add on...

Ether at these 2 phrases bein’ tha first mentioned 2 years ago but are used almost daily on this site to this day lmao

Dmv is a metropolitan area. It doesnt mean the whole states. For va, it would be Arlington and Roslyn, which connect to dc. In Maryland, it is pretty much the pg county area and a few other places I believe. Our metro train systems goes all through those regions. Just the cities that border each other. It is a tri state area like Jersey, nyc, and I think PA.

"DMV"

I will never embrace it. I hate that shit to it's core. Shit represents the gentrification and Black culture being pushed out of DC. I will never forgive those white people who forced Horace & Dickies to close so they could have more parking for a fucking hookah bar.

Dmv is a metropolitan area. It doesnt mean the whole states. For va, it would be Arlington and Roslyn, which connect to dc. In Maryland, it is pretty much the pg county area and a few other places I believe. Our metro train systems goes all through those regions. Just the cities that border each other. It is a tri state area like Jersey, nyc, and I think PA.

It's supposed to cover what we call Nova, Alexandria down to Roslyn, certain parts of PG county (not all) and the bare tip of Montgomery County (the Silver Spring part). It keeps getting expanded to the entire state of VA and MD somehow.

Back