Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Overrated Series: Kool G Rap

I wouldn't say he's overratted he deserves his props...

G Rap is mad influential. All those NYC coke rap mafioso albums from the mid 90's are his impact and influence on those artists. Also the multis, what Pun did on "Twinz" is G Rap on steroids...

I only figure no one liked him based off a failed MK with him. I know where he lies in hip hop

In the grand scheme of things G Rap is underrated IMO. Outside of heads from a few websites don’t anyone mention him as much as people might think. His shit from the late 80’s/early 90’s is legit.

This, first off he influenced some of the GOATS... He was arguably the first use the 'new skool flow' rapping without the simple rhyme schemes like 'I went to store... whaaaat did I see??? Twwwooo fly honeys sittin chillin by a TREE'...

Im not saying rappers like Rakim or Kane were rapping simple rhymes like that, Im on about them still using the 'old skool' style though, even though they were dropping knowledge... G Rap was using his fast multi syllable crazy, butter flow... Not only did he arguably usher in the new school style, he also did the same for mafioso rap too...

To say G Rap is a GOAT is an understatement, he is not only a GOAT but also a pioneer... Like Masta Ace, G Rap is still spitting heat to this day too...

Last edited:
Back