Welcome To aBlackWeb

Overrated or nah series: Scarface - Al Pacino

What say you

• Total voters
Maaaan,some of you are dumb (no offense),as far as the murder scenes and violence it's VERY realistic

the director Brian Depalma researched actual drug murders with the Miami pd. The scene where Angel

gets cut up in the bathroom with the chainsaw was based on an actual case. You have to remember the

movie takes place in the early 80's,things were like that then. If you violate the connect he's gonna send

a hit squad,how is that fake ? The reason why the movie resonates with real ones is because Tony

literally came from nothing,he killed to get a green card,he sold work for Frank,told Frank lets expand,

Frank didn't want to so he moved Frank out of the way. The movie isn't top 3 definitely 30-50 though.

Bruh that damn font is crazy

With Sincerity, fuck that game. Had goat potential and was fun for the most part but was buggy and It got hard as fuck and i could never beat that bullshit so I gave up lol. Now I wanna replay it as an adult.

I did put it down for a year cuz that shit was od

Scarface is a classic for all the wrong reasons

BUT, i'll concede to the fact that it is one nonetheless, however, a top 3 movie, it's not

but i guess b/c i can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, i'm not allowed to have an opinion according to goldie

nah im not jumping on the top 3 thing...just too many great films out there

shits not overrated at all, its just iconic

everything becomes a little cheesy with huge popularity...of course the rappers had a hand in that

i get it, its like being a warriors fan right now......doesnt make the film (or team) bad tho

nah im not jumping on the top 3 thing...just too many great films out there

shits not overrated at all, its just iconic

everything becomes a little cheesy with huge popularity...of course the rappers had a hand in that

i get it, its like being a warriors fan right now......doesnt make the film (or team) bad tho
overrated doesn't mean bad
-Beta

Its Iconic because of the d-boys wanted what he had and that time period was perfect.

everything else as far as acting and plot was meh at its finest

Its Iconic because of the d-boys wanted what he had and that time period was perfect.

everything else as far as acting and plot was meh at its finest

Iconic because it fully represented that scene in the 80s. Just like boyz in the hood did.

Maaaan,some of you are dumb (no offense),as far as the murder scenes and violence it's VERY realistic

the director Brian Depalma researched actual drug murders with the Miami pd. The scene where Angel

gets cut up in the bathroom with the chainsaw was based on an actual case. You have to remember the

movie takes place in the early 80's,things were like that then. If you violate the connect he's gonna send

a hit squad,how is that fake ? The reason why the movie resonates with real ones is because Tony

literally came from nothing,he killed to get a green card,he sold work for Frank,told Frank lets expand,

Frank didn't want to so he moved Frank out of the way. The movie isn't top 3 definitely 30-50 though.

Ok. he did all that research and still made a shitty ass movie.

LLS at letting fake gangsta rappers dictate your view of the movie and call it overrated. I don't agree with it being a top 3 movie but it's not overrated at all.

Perfect example of a trash ass gangsta movie is
brooklyns_finest.jpg

The movie is overrated. Iconic? Yes. Very much still overrated. Not all iconic movies belong in the conversation of greatest movies. This being one of them.

LLS at letting fake gangsta rappers dictate your view of the movie and call it overrated. I don't agree with it being a top 3 movie but it's not overrated at all.

brooklyns_finest.jpg

No. Al Pacino's fake horrible ass accent (among other things) is what dictate my view of the movie and call it overrated.

brooklyns_finest.jpg
name 5 people you personally know that EVER mentions this movie and good in the same sentence

name 5 people you personally know that EVER mentions this movie and good in the same sentence

Would be a good challenge if you knew the people I could list to verify my listings.

I don't have a problem with a person who doesn't feel its a all-time great movie. I do disagree with folks saying its overrated though.

Would be a good challenge if you knew the people I could list to verify my listings.

I don't have a problem with a person who doesn't feel its a all-time great movie. I do disagree with folks saying its overrated though.
again, overrated doesnt mean the movie sucked

overrated means just that...it shouldnt be considered no groundbreaking film b/c it aint

is it iconic? maybe

classic? sure

but its not a marvel of cinema greatness

Back